Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mu3icxbabee)
    did they actually specifically ask for the ratio?? i drew the diagram and circled the 1 that had cystic fibrosis so it looked like 1 in 4 on the page but never actually wrote the actual numbers 25% do you think this will be okay?

also, wherabouts was the question aout 5 eggs rather than 1 ? do not remember it AT ALL only remember the question about evaluate the embryo screening in this case, so like moral issues etc . Did i miss a page out :O :O ???
    it might have been in the unit 1 paper

ReputationRep:
    It was a really weird paper...i spent ages learning about all the technical stuff, like osmosis, mitosis, meiosis etc etc...but it didnt really have anything that was really to do with knowledge...the hardest part was working out what half of the questions were actually asking :/

ReputationRep:
    i'm gonna ask again, what did you put for the 3 mark question which asked you to use the words liver kidney and urine?

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone put for the diabetes question about matching up the treatments for each type or something>?

ReputationRep:
    did they actually specifically ask for the ratio?? i drew the diagram and circled the 1 that had cystic fibrosis so it looked like 1 in 4 on the page but never actually wrote the actual numbers 25% do you think this will be okay?

also, wherabouts was the question aout 5 eggs rather than 1 ? do not remember it AT ALL only remember the question about evaluate the embryo screening in this case, so like moral issues etc . Did i miss a page out :O :O ???

no they actually didn't. i think most people automatically put it down just in case but i don't think you lose a mark. normally it's two marks for the diagram and one mark for labelling the diagram(i think it was mr and mrs smith?).

umm... let me think- it was on the opposite page of the genetic diagram question, and just above the genetic screening evaluation question. you probably answered it, but don't remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livvyyy)
    i'm gonna ask again, what did you put for the 3 mark question which asked you to use the words liver kidney and urine?
    i put
    * amino acids are convereted into urea by the liver
    * the kidneys pass urea out in urine
    * urine is stored in the bladder

ReputationRep:
    i put
    * amino acids are convereted into urea by the liver
    * the kidneys pass urea out in urine
    * urine is stored in the bladder
    phew. i basically wrote the same, give or take some.

ReputationRep:
    I found it ok i made some stupid mistakes though
    And what was the answer to why the disc rises to the top in question for??
    I wrote oxygen is produced due to photosynthesis

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone put for the diabetes question about matching up the treatments for each type or something>?

sorry im asking again,, i just really want to know

i just researched the disc floating one,, i think the answers in here ...

Our group is using 35 and 24 degrees Celsius. Once you have put the disks into the beakers they will sink because of their new density and then however quickly they rise is how quick the rate of photosynthesis is because of the production of oxygen.

its a description of an experiment similar to the one in the q

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nebby)
    hey guys,

um i did my exam also today,

but..

i think i sat a different paper (although it was AQA)

my questions were on the menstral cycle and adaptation.

what is going on...

i think im confused.
    Hey I sat two exams, you did the resit which was on about adaptation of that musk and evolution. you did a resist paper of AQA unit 1...what everyone else is talking about is unit 2 of AQA i had too resit that unit 1 but i had too also do the unit 2 on the same day!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Think I did ok as Biology is my worst science. I'm should have defineitly at least got a C, which I'm happy with even though my target is an A. I just don't get Biology lol.

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know the answer to the question that was about floating discs? i wrote something about photosynthesis creating oxygen

ReputationRep:

Our group is using 35 and 24 degrees Celsius. Once you have put the disks into the beakers they will sink because of their new density and then however quickly they rise is how quick the rate of photosynthesis is because of the production of oxygen.

what was the actual question? why do the disks sink? or was it why do the disks rise?

and what did you put for the type 1 and type 2 diabetes one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheo)
    did you not get a 1/4?

yeah I learnt a lot of the stuff for biology 1 when i took that but i think the best think to do is to go through as many past papers as possible because so much is repeated in each paper. so the key is past papers!
    i got 25% has cf, 25% no cf, 75% carrier of cf

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was all ok apart from the seaweed question! I think I got the discs floating one right - I put about oxygen being produced, but the others apart from describing the graph, I just completely blanked and couldn't think of anything reasonable to put!!

ReputationRep:
    what was the actual question? why do the disks sink? or was it why do the disks rise?

my teacher told me it was to do with the production of o2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will15)

the parents i got were both Aa, so the children were. AA (normal) Aa (carrier) Aa (carrier) aa (affected)

because it is ressesive and you needed 2 lower case a's to have it.

did it ask for the actual percentages?

ReputationRep:

type 1 - i put diet + insulin
    type 2 - just diet

was it worth two marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will15)
    it can't be 75%, it's 50% for the percentage of being a carrier of CF. (needs to add up to 100%)

otherwise the rest is correct.

ReputationRep:

for the diabetes question i got type 1 to healthy diet n insulin injections n type 2 to healthy diet cos the cells for type 2 are unresponsive 2 insulin so injections wuldnt work

Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.