Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Shucks. For the third last question where you had to calculate the .42 answer, I multiplied by 20 instead of divided and left no working out because I did it just after they said pens down, left it until the end :/

More or less similar answers to everyone here in other questions though, grade should be okay Hated Core.

ReputationRep:
    Was there any question asking for the probability of getting cystic fibrosis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Student)
    Was there any question asking for the probability of getting cystic fibrosis?
    yeah but you didnt have to actually write down the probability, just the punnet square. i got that the parents i got were both Aa, so the children were. AA (normal) Aa (carrier) Aa (carrier) aa (affected)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livvyyy)
    yeah but you didnt have to actually write down the probability, just the punnet square. i got that the parents i got were both Aa, so the children were. AA (normal) Aa (carrier) Aa (carrier) aa (affected)
    Oh right that... I got that :p:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the grade boundaries for 90UMS + in the the paper ?

ReputationRep:
    I thought Diabetes Type 1 can only be treated by insulin injections? I linked Type 1 with Just insulin injections. It's Type 2 that can be treated by diet...?

For the Cystic Fibrosis question I didn't write down the percentage/ratio, I just labelled it.

I think maybe in my answers there was too much detail and I probably missed a few key points. Going to lose marks!

What did you write on the question asking about why they chose the 5th Disc that floated up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticLights)
    I thought Diabetes Type 1 can only be treated by insulin injections? I linked Type 1 with Just insulin injections. It's Type 2 that can be treated by diet...?

For the Cystic Fibrosis question I didn't write down the percentage/ratio, I just labelled it.

I think maybe in my answers there was too much detail and I probably missed a few key points. Going to lose marks!

What did you write on the question asking about why they chose the 5th Disc that floated up?
    I got the diabetes question wrong , the answers were:

Type 1 : Insulin and Diet.
    Type 2 : Diet Only.

I wrote the ratio as 1:4 , but people in my class were all saying 1:3 . Also , you may not need it , as the question did not specifically ask for it.

I said they chose the fifth disc , because it can give a middle value of all the discs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerArshavin)
    I got the diabetes question wrong , the answers were:

Type 1 : Insulin and Diet.
    Type 2 : Diet Only.

I wrote the ratio as 1:4 , but people in my class were all saying 1:3 . Also , you may not need it , as the question did not specifically ask for it.

I said they chose the fifth disc , because it can give a middle value of all the discs.
    Oh. Why insulin AND diet?

I wrote that the 5th was the average disc, therefore more reliable or something or other..

ReputationRep:
    I dont think the cystic fibrosis question actually asked for a percentage, ratio or fraction or whatever - the question just said draw a genetic diagram. I just did a punett square... :/

ReputationRep:
    and that question about the discs floating! i still dont know why they measured the time for the fifth disc to rise....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matfenmagic)
    and that question about the discs floating! i still dont know why they measured the time for the fifth disc to rise....
    Same. It was one of the few questions that I was clueless on for awhile. I assume it was because it was the average disc, which makes it more accurate or reliable? I wasn't sure to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livvyyy)
    i put that they used 5 eggs because some may have the disorder or somthing like that i hope the grade boundries are low like the past papers i have done, 30/45 to get an A*!!
    Wow, is that possible?

ReputationRep:
    30/45 is too low , It will probably be 36/45 at the most.

I think I got an A , but my heart was set on an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king101)
    Hey I sat two exams, you did the resit which was on about adaptation of that musk and evolution. you did a resist paper of AQA unit 1...what everyone else is talking about is unit 2 of AQA i had too resit that unit 1 but i had too also do the unit 2 on the same day!!!!!!!!
    yes, yes that was my paper!:woo:

that must have been hard to revise for!

two exams on the same day!:eek: *mutters about the organisation of exam boards*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Student)
    Wow, is that possible?
    Yep, on my mock exam I got 36 out of 45, an A*. And my science teacher told me the grade boundry was 30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticLights)

Same here. I think I put type 1 as injection only, because it told me that the cells in type one were unresponsive or somthing

ReputationRep:
    IS THIS AS OR GCSE?!

My Biol2 AS exam is next week.... please tell me I didnt miss the exam O_O

ReputationRep:
    @Haruhi Its GCSE don't worry xD
    And as for the the Diabetes question, Type 1 is both Careful attention to diet and Injecting Insulin, and Type 2 is just Careful attention to diet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haruhi)
    IS THIS AS OR GCSE?!

My Biol2 AS exam is next week.... please tell me I didnt miss the exam O_O

GCSE. this is too easy to be AS, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Well I had to do Unit 1 Bio, Unit 2 Bio and Unit 3. Unit 2 was hard I think I got a D and Unit 1 was hard too as for Unit 3 no comment.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 5, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.