Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    If the course that you want to do is not too different from the one that you are leaving, you could ask the uni if they would let you transfer after you have completed first year - this could potentially solve a lot of financial headaches - Do you think that that is an option?

    Unis will differ so you should contact student support. I dropped out mid December and only had to pay up until the day I left, same with accomodation fees, but not all unis will be like this. I would assume most won't be ******** and will only charge you for either semester 1 only or up until your last day in attendance.
    My student support team said if I left after a certain date (1st Dec) then my debt would only have to be paid off once I'd graduated my new course and was earning 15k but I have a friend at a different uni who dropped out and she had to pay up before she started her new course.

    Contact student support!
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.