Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, for anyone struggling with student finance for their PGCE, ive just spoken to a senior advisor on the phone regarding it and here is what she told me:

1) If you have an ART ID/ Customer Reference number then you do NOT fill out a 'new student applicant' form, you must use your reference number to log in etc and apply online. If you have had an ART ID/Customer Reference Number in the last 3 years, then you need to contact them and they will give you it! This counts for filling in paper applications forms, you do not class as a new student, you class as a continuing one, and your form will either be delayed while they locate you in their system or end up being sent back to you! If you are already in their system, they cannot create a new file for you, as you already exist! If you have never had a student loan, or had one before the new system came in (i think in 2006) then you do class as a new applicant.

2) There has been a mistake not including ITT on the online application form. You must put that you are doing a full time, undergraduate degree, and the system will be able to find your PGCE course when you come to searching for it later on in the form. This applies to both the fast track section and the eligibility section (it asks you the same question twice - what type of course is this?)... put undergraduate for both. She said if anyone has any questions over this, then contact them and they will explain.

3) If you have had a previous loan from the student loan company, including the one anyone currently has for their degree, you must state so and put that you are not behind on your repayments.

Hope that helps a little, i had a little rant too them and they seemed fairly co-operative! Least there are some definate answers now!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh thanks!

The most annoying thing is yes I have a Customer Ref as I graduated 2 years ago, but now it's like "What's your password?" and I'm like "Errr I never had a password!!" and it won't let me reset it because it doesn't have my e-mail address on file grrrr So I have to phone them. Pants.

But thanks for all that info, very helpful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.