Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR History : Modern F962 - Post Exam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Heyy

Just got back from the history exam - glad thats over :woo: ! But M1 tomorrow

I think it went alright I did question 1 and 2 about Napoleon's rise to power and downfall. The guy behind me was asking for more paper every 5 minutes - I think he must have had like 14 pages at least :eek3:

How did it go for you guys ? Which questions did you do ?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i've just done that one, but i did russian questions!
    I felt the questions were worded pretty poorly but overall it was okay..
    The major problem with this exam is the time limit.. 45 minutes to write an essay is too short in my opinion.. but oh well

ReputationRep:
    I did this today as well, as a re-sit :/
    My questions were on Germany, and I agree, 45 minutes per question is pretty tough, but I guess it's the same for everyone! x

ReputationRep:
    I did it, on Liberals+ Conservatives.

Sucked if i'm honest..

ReputationRep:
    I did it on the success of the Conservative party and the failure of the General Strike. I was so nervous, but I think it went quite well actually! I might only be saying that though because drama was so dire in the morning.
    I agree about the time too. 45 minutes just isn't enough.
    I hope you all get good results =).

ReputationRep:
    i did the rise of china questions

i did the 1st and the 2nd as i cbaed with deng today

did anyone else, even from other topics, find the wording of the questions really weird today?

other that that it went ok (y)

ReputationRep:
    I answered on Liberals (Working Class question) and the silly 1939 Depression question.
    I think this is the same paper, it was Modern Britain OCR.

I don't think I did particularly well to be honest.
    The questions were on topics I had revised but were sort of obtuse aspects of the topics... for instance, instead of Lloyd George it was on working class voters and instead of being on the successes of the National Government it was on the economy in the 1930s...
    I'll probably retake and see if I can get an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morg)
    45 minutes to write an essay is too short in my opinion.. but oh well
    Consider yourself lucky with Edexcel, we have 40 mins to write an essay :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Well I did Pitt to Peel, I don't think anyone else does this course!

ReputationRep:
    I did Pitt to Peel. What did you think of it?

ReputationRep:
    I did Pitt to Peel. What did you think of it?
    I'll just paste what I said in the other Pitt to Peel thread:

I thought the questions, apart from Question 1 which was really awkward, were really not that hard.

'How successful were Robert Peels reforms in Ireland?' is possibly the easiest question re. Ireland, I thought, they could made a beast of a question. All you had to do was go through the various policies (Catholic Emancipation, Maynooth Grant, Irish Arms Bill etc) and explain how successful they were in terms of maintaining law and order in Ireland (ultimately fairly successful, prevented civil war), and in terms of his party (ultimately disastrous, led to loss of confidence and end of Peel's ministry).

The Great Reform Act question is really standard, but since I didn't really revise I didn't do it. For those who did revise it I imagine it should be quite easy.

I thought the Liverpool question is the hardest Liverpool question you can get. You have to deal with how successful Liverpool was, AND how great the radical threat was. So there's two questions you have to answer, whereas normally we only have to do one (eg. How serious was the radical challenge faced by Liverpool in 1812-1822?). So there was a lot to write and a lot to argue, so I found that quite hard.

Overall it was a hard paper I thought, but it wasn't nightmarish. If you look at the papers pre-2007/8 the questions are just shockingly hard.

I am seriously jealous of the Jan 2010's though, they got the dream questions (To what extent was royal support important for Pitt? and How liberal were Liverpool's governments?)
    I was really quite annoyed there was no Pitt question, this is the second year (June papers) in the row now. For a paper named PITT TO PEEL this is just ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I did "how far was the Great Depression the main reason for the rise of Hitler" and "To what extent did Hitler achieve his social policies" .... I spent FAR too much time on question one so ended up with 25 minutes to do question 2.... oops. Fair to say question two wasn't a complete success.... probably going to worry about it till august now!

ReputationRep:
    Well the grade boundaries are pretty low, it's around 72 (ie 36/50 for each essay on average) for an A, so I wouldn't worry too much about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McKholin)
    Well the grade boundaries are pretty low, it's around 72 (ie 36/50 for each essay on average) for an A, so I wouldn't worry too much about it!
    :woo:

Made my day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttercuplizzy)
    I did "how far was the Great Depression the main reason for the rise of Hitler" and "To what extent did Hitler achieve his social policies" .... I spent FAR too much time on question one so ended up with 25 minutes to do question 2.... oops. Fair to say question two wasn't a complete success.... probably going to worry about it till august now!
    I did the EXACT same questions as you

I liked the first question about the depression but the second question I definitely didn't feel like I did as well. Although I can't really tell as my history exam technique isn't amazing. At least it's over now

And I almost ran out of time. I was writing so fast until the last second; my handwriting is awful! haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j_09)
    And I almost ran out of time. I was writing so fast until the last second; my handwriting is awful! haha.
    I had to write about a paragraph about the mittlestand/ workers, a paragraph about those who didn't fit in with the regime AND the conclussion in 5 minutes... oops.

well fingers crossed. What source paper are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttercuplizzy)
    I had to write about a paragraph about the mittlestand/ workers, a paragraph about those who didn't fit in with the regime AND the conclussion in 5 minutes... oops.

well fingers crossed. What source paper are you doing?
    Wow! I only wrote the smallest paragraph ever on workers because I ran out of time and my conclusion was embarrassingly bad haha.

I'm doing the Tudors 1536-1563, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j_09)
    Wow! I only wrote the smallest paragraph ever on workers because I ran out of time and my conclusion was embarrassingly bad haha.

I'm doing the Tudors 1536-1563, you?
    HAHAHA im doing tudors too!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j_09)
    I did the EXACT same questions as you

I liked the first question about the depression but the second question I definitely didn't feel like I did as well. Although I can't really tell as my history exam technique isn't amazing. At least it's over now

I did the same questions too! Again, I thought the first question on the Depression was fine, and it was probably the best essay I've done, but then my essay on social policies was illegible and probably made no sense. BUt that was the general idea of everyone.
    I couldn't believe a question on Adenauer's foreign policy came up - i refused to make an essay plan for that cos i did not think at all that you could write a 50 mark answer... if any other adenauer question would have come up id have answered that one. couldnt be more happy that communism in the gdr didnt come up lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ader)
    I couldn't believe a question on Adenauer's foreign policy came up - i refused to make an essay plan for that cos i did not think at all that you could write a 50 mark answer... if any other adenauer question would have come up id have answered that one. couldnt be more happy that communism in the gdr didnt come up lol
    My teacher spent around 2 lessons teaching the WHOLE of post war Germany... I couldn't even give you one fact about Adenauer.... :o: Glad i wasn;t forced to do that essay!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.