Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm (hoping to) start a 4 year civil engineering course at sheffield starting 2010. If I get in, what rough date would the 4 year course actually finish. Is it similar to when the school year finishes or is it earlier?

Is it pretty much the same everywhere or do different unis finish at different times?

Thanks for your help.

ReputationRep:
    Taking this year for example, we finish on the 12th of June officially.

You can have a look on the Sheffield Uni website for next years dates up until 2016:
    http://sheffield.ac.uk/about/dates

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I spent ages looking for something like that on their website!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drgoodier)
    Thanks. I spent ages looking for something like that on their website!
    As I final year student your exams will probably be over way before then. So don't take it as a definate answer!

ReputationRep:
    When do summer exams generally start then? I know the last date they can be is 12th June, but do they usually start mid-May or earlier/later? I'm in my first year btw..

ReputationRep:
    I think the last 3 weeks of term are the allotted exam periods?

ReputationRep:
    When does freshers start then, is it before those dates (27sept), on them, after? (I might go Dublin to see Gorillaz, so i want freshers **** sorted).

ReputationRep:
    Freshers last year was the week before the first teaching week, i.e., the week beginning 20th of September.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.