Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone take core science biology today? How did u find it ?

Were they're any confusing questions?

I foud the Fertility monitor question and LIchen question confusing!!

good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_kittie)
    Did anyone take core science biology today? How did u find it ?

Were they're any confusing questions?

I foud the Fertility monitor question and LIchen question confusing!!

good luck x
    Yeah the lichen crap and the monitor questions I skipped out , really didnt understand them, so I've already gotten -6 marks now ... The rest of it was ok I think. Hoping I got all of the marks for everything else , and hope that the mark gets upscaled by alot.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted an a*, im scared the stupid two questions let me down

You want the mark to get upscaled ? I want the grade boundaries to be lowered!!!!!!

ALsooo, i think I mucked up the difference on Darwin and Larmarck

ReputationRep:
    I wanted an a*, im scared the stupid two questions let me down

You want the mark to get upscaled ? I want the grade boundaries to be lowered!!!!!!

ALsooo, i think I mucked up the difference on Darwin and Larmarck
    aaah i think the darwin+ lamarck question was only worth like 1 mark anyway

ReputationRep:
    Noo.. I mucked up on the lichens, fertillity monitor, and the evolution picture!

I wrote that they have bigger skulls, and they get taller ( i dunno if its wrong )

ReputationRep:
    would it still be right for the first question which was about that musk ox i think.... i put it has a smaller Surface area compared to its volume and it has fur to keep it warm, do you think i would get the mark? Also what did you lot get for that evolution of the Apes? i wrote that the over the years the spinal cord became straight and the skull became human sized. Did you understand that Indian question, were some british people went their and was accused of bringing some flu. What did you lot wirte for it?? i wrote that the british people had it at start but then the antibodies helped them. then the flu evolved or something like that. :P

(Original post by king101)
    would it still be right for the first question which was about that musk ox i think.... i put it has a smaller Surface area compared to its volume and it has fur to keep it warm, do you think i would get the mark? Also what did you lot get for that evolution of the Apes? i wrote that the over the years the spinal cord became straight and the skull became human sized. Did you understand that Indian question, were some british people went their and was accused of bringing some flu. What did you lot wirte for it?? i wrote that the british people had it at start but then the antibodies helped them. then the flu evolved or something like that. :P
    Damn. I've written the opposite.

Evolution of the apes - got that wrong.

I wrote something about antibodies for that question.

Pretty difficult paper.

ReputationRep:
    CRAPPPPP. for the indians bit i wrote that they were vaccinated ahhhhhh!! so there bodies produces antibodeies when it came across it noooo.

And i wrote that they have horns for defence and a thick layer of fat for insulation.

I also wrote that they become taller and there skull gets bigger. ( i hope this is right)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by king101)

Thats fine i said that over time they become taller ( is that right) ???

and the indian one i said, that the british ppl, were vaccinated so they could produce antibodies.

please say if im rite

ReputationRep:
    Sat this paper today.. did anybody else find the last question hard?!
    Rabbit embryos?! what did you guys put? And also what did you put for why oestrogen was shown on that graph as well as LH? And for the guys who got the influenza i said that the british people may have already had a vaccination. I found it quite hard I put about getting taller and getting larger skulls for the ape one aswell. :P

ReputationRep:
    woo , i wasnt the only silly person then lol. Okay for the rabiit embryo i swrote :

1) positives- more eggs are available to use in rabbits rather than humans. then i explained about cloning
    2) bad- ethical stuff- against religion - e.g unatural, animal righs- they believe testing is wrong. It is not known if it is safe

Conclusiong - it is not a good idea, as cross-breeding may be bad

Hope its rite

And the oestrogen one, made no sense.

ReputationRep:
    ah i messed up on the last one haha... what do you think the grade boundaries will be for this one?

ReputationRep:
    34 the same. Because I bet there are some people, who actually could answer all this hard stuff

ReputationRep:
    ah
    i was hoping it would be loww!!
    hmm what did you put for the proportion of fertile days.. because some people in my class counted 8 days and put 2/7 but most counted 7 days and put 1/4, i did 1/4. how bout you?

ReputationRep:
    1/4 x

ReputationRep:
    please could u tell me what u put for the questions about the validity of the invertebrate used to mesasure sulfur dicoxide?

ReputationRep:
    ok good i cant actually remember many other questionss haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-strawberry-x)
    ah
    i was hoping it would be loww!!
    hmm what did you put for the proportion of fertile days.. because some people in my class counted 8 days and put 2/7 but most counted 7 days and put 1/4, i did 1/4. how bout you?
    i put a 1/4 too. maybe they'll allow both answers since it's close enough

ReputationRep:
    please could u tell me what u put for the questions about the validity of the invertebrate used to mesasure sulfur dicoxide?
    sorry which question was this?

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that the invertebrates used to measure Sulphur dioxide was not reliable, as they were found in both unpolluted and polluted areas.

I alsoo wrote, that its not accurate and they should use a scientific device . EPIC FAil

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.