Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-strawberry-x)
    sorry which question was this?

Lichen question.. Why is the invertebrate not accurate to measure the pollution of sulphur dioxide in the air.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_kittie)
    CRAPPPPP. for the indians bit i wrote that they were vaccinated ahhhhhh!! so there bodies produces antibodeies when it came across it noooo.

And i wrote that they have horns for defence and a thick layer of fat for insulation.

I also wrote that they become taller and there skull gets bigger. ( i hope this is right)
    for the indian tribe one i put that if disease appeared it would kill most members of tribe as they have fewer alleles in their population due to inbreeding within the tribe (it's all in the cloning section- look it up in your revision guide, if you have the cgp one it will be there) a bit confusing and it's not taught as a main topic very often.

ReputationRep:
    wait what question was this?

ReputationRep:
    Lichen question.. Why is the invertebrate not accurate to measure the pollution of sulphur dioxide in the air.
    erm i actually cant remember what i put - reaallyy sorry

34 the same. Because I bet there are some people, who actually could answer all this hard stuff
    :sigh: It should be lower - the previous years' papers were far easier, and it should not be 34 for an A*.

Imo, under 29 for an A*. (And it is possible - one year (not sure when) it was 28 for an A*)

ReputationRep:
    I also flopped on the lichen and Fertility Monitor question, did anyone get the rabbit-human embryo question? :confused: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    no one did lol. i just guessed, what did u write? x

ReputationRep:
    this is GCSE I'm guessing. coolio.

ReputationRep:
    For the arctic ox i wrote- thick layer of fat for insulation ans thick fur to keep warm (bit stupid)

for the ape one- skull grew bigger and spine became more upright

for the indian one- british were immune to it as they were given an immunisation of an inactive form of the pathogen, so that their white blood cells produce antibodies, so that when they are affected by the disease their white blood cells can rapidly produce antibodies. (summit like that)

FSH- pituitary gland
    Oestrogen- ovaries

did know the answer to the cloning one but didnt have time to answer it!!!! DRAT!

I enjoyed the LDL and HDL....easy.

for the lamarch and darwin one i think i wrote summit about darwin thought it was to do with genetics whereas Lamarch thought it was the during the animals lifetime that changes occured.

let me know if any of your answers match mine? and can neone remember any other q's?

ReputationRep:
    For the ape one I said that they grew taller and there were changes in position.

For the indian one, I said that the british people brought a virus which they were already immune to, whereas the indian people had never experienced it, since flu mutates often, and hence it was new to their bodies, and they died as a result

As for Darwin and Lamarck, I said that Darwin believed in selection of the fittest whereas Lamarck believed in inheritance of acquired characteristics

Overall the test was alright, but the boundaries will be lowered for sure =P

ReputationRep:
    yepp matched all of them. Except i from that indians werent vacaccinated. i explained, the antibodies killed antibodies.

I wrote that the people will get taller (Is this right) for the ape

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys write for why people didnt believe that they had evolveed from apes? x

ReputationRep:
    coz against religius, christians believes humans were created from start

and the mechanism of breeding and variation was not known then x

lol, I wrote that people didn't like the idea of being related to ape-like creatures...

:rolleyes: In hindsight - was such a bad answer.

ReputationRep:
    okk cool and what other questions were there... ohh the one about phase 1 drug testingg and laboratory testing and then phase 2 and 3.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone do for the last question ? the rabbit one

Does the embryo that is formed , develop into a human or a rabbit ?

strawberry - I just went on about side effects or something. really forgot...

gunner - I think that question implies that the embryos will be destroyed after use as it said "embryos studied for 14 days only"

how ironic I can remember specific parts of the question, but not the question itself. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    For the drugs question, the pre-clinical tests was to test if the drugs were toxic.
    They used a healthy group instead of patients because it acts as a control.
    Phase one was to detect side effects.
    Phase two and three were to test if the drug actually worked.
    Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    ADIL you have deffo, got a A*!!!

ReputationRep:
    Haha can never be too sure, but thanks for saying so xD
    To be fair in my school a lot of people struggled on this paper, I have a feeling boundaries for A* will be 30/45
    What other questions were hard?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.