Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think that hopefully the grade boundaries will be low
    and what did everyone put for the last question ?

ReputationRep:
    I made up rubbish on the last one. But the one before that the nucleus one it said 'substances' so I put chromosome, genes and DNA (I'm guessing that's wrong) and for the ape question I wrote that the backbone had become upright and that humans did not have crouched legs like the ape like humans (thats wrong right). Also I had to do Mod 2 and 3 on the same day, Mod 3 was super hard Mod 2 was hard but not as much as Mod 3. Who's doing Physics/Chem next week?

ReputationRep:
    Me have you revised much ?
    Yeah I put chromosomes and what did everyone put for the question about do oestrogen and Lh show a link together?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adil12)
    Haha can never be too sure, but thanks for saying so xD
    To be fair in my school a lot of people struggled on this paper, I have a feeling boundaries for A* will be 30/45
    What other questions were hard?
    I thought it was alrite, apart from the lichen and FSH question. And i mucked up on the evolution and indian one,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeRocks000)
    I made up rubbish on the last one. But the one before that the nucleus one it said 'substances' so I put chromosome, genes and DNA (I'm guessing that's wrong) and for the ape question I wrote that the backbone had become upright and that humans did not have crouched legs like the ape like humans (thats wrong right). Also I had to do Mod 2 and 3 on the same day, Mod 3 was super hard Mod 2 was hard but not as much as Mod 3. Who's doing Physics/Chem next week?
    YEHH i have physics and chem next week. I havent started revising for physics yet

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I see, the lichen one made you think a bit, firstly it was not the nearest lichen to the town, and secondly lichens only tell you if air pollution is present in an area, and not how much, a play on words essentially
    Ahh I see, sure you still did well
    Bio is the hardest science I reckon, woot Chem on Monday xD

(Original post by adil12)
    For the drugs question, the pre-clinical tests was to test if the drugs were toxic.
    They used a healthy group instead of patients because it acts as a control.
    Phase one was to detect side effects.
    Phase two and three were to test if the drug actually worked.
    Hope this helped
    Dan - I totally messed that up. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, sure you bumped up the marks in the other questions

ReputationRep:
    I hope i just ace the chemistry and phyics, so i have a chance of getting that grade

ReputationRep:
    Taking chem on Monday? I'm so relieved Biology is out of the way xD Weakest of my 3 sciences xD Chemistry will be a doddle hopefully, with a lot of formulas and percentage yields

ReputationRep:
    oh god how can you like chemistry?!!?!?!
    argh hate it

ReputationRep:
    I cant wait till chemistry...and physics. Biology is the hardest out of the 3 for me. I am very good with formulas.... i like empircal formula and moles . Can some one help me understand though what is the position of equilibrium all about? such as if you increase the temp, would it give you more products of reactants??

ReputationRep:
    how did you guys all do in the end? x

ReputationRep:
    I got 346 ums an A which I am happy with but I am trying to get an A*
    I got 80 in bio
    I got 98 in chem
    I got 93 in physics
    and you?

ReputationRep:
    well done
    i got 100 in bio and physics, and 93 in chem
    so 3A*s

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.