Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, if you're desperate for a one night stand, do you go for the less pretty ones.. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    haha made me laugh...
    do guys always rate girls out of 10?
    it's either that or a million...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleighH)
    :lol: From now on when i go out and start talking to a guy im gunna be thinking 'hmm i wonder what he's ranking me' :rolleyes:
    Don't worry it's usually only creeps who do this anyway.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, did this Q even need to be asked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usernamegoeshere)
    just to let you know, girls lower their standards for a one night stand too!
    Never thought about that, potentially useful information. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Of course.

Beer goggles help as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraahh)
    oh yeah makes sense now- for me its usually guys who make the first move- i've never actually APPROACHED a guy first - thats what I thought you were getting at.
    but yeah i really do agree with that about the pretty girls that the guys feel they shouldn't make a move on
    doesn't say much about me then does it...
    haha
    you don't need to approach guys if theyere approaching you though. It's much easier for girls anyway.:p:

ReputationRep:
    :teehee: I'll take that as my compliment of the day
    Your sig confuses me...coz it's not welsh, but then it is half welsh...
    "ddeallt hon?" = Understand this
    "dybio ach yn aruthro" are you aruthro? but that should be "Ydych chi yn aruthro" but what is aruthro??

(Original post by usernamegoeshere)
    just to let you know, girls lower their standards for a one night stand too!
    I don't

(Original post by Adonis)
    LOL, did this Q even need to be asked?
    People are saying different things, some do some don't. Do you think they lower their standards or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ....because they're more likely to say yes than a really pretty girl? I've noticed that on nights out, the ugly/fat/plain looking girls get approached a lot more by guys looking to have a one night stand, than pretty girls. I was wondering if this is because they are intimidated by pretty girls, or just think it's a lot easier to get a uglier girl to sleep with them. Do a lot of guys lower their standards if it's only a one night stand?
    I can't understand why i'd ever be desperate for sex. I used to have a lot of one night stands, and usually went for the prettiest girl who would have me. But i have high standards and i wouldnt lower them on a notion. These days i'm abstinent and more behaved and i'm actually trying to meet the girl of my dreams, if she's out there.

ReputationRep:
    People are saying different things, some do some don't. Do you think they lower their standards or not?

Yes, yes they do.

You may want a fillet steak but sometimes you have to just settle for a plain ol hamburger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    Your sig confuses me...coz it's not welsh, but then it is half welsh...
    "ddeallt hon?" = Understand this
    "dybio ach yn aruthro" are you aruthro? but that should be "Ydych chi yn aruthro" but what is aruthro??
    lol
    ''aruthro'' = amaze/amazing
    ''Dybio ach yn'' = i suppose/guess you are..

so it translates as 'understand this? i suppose/guess you are amazing :rolleyes:

i guess its confusing because of the context i mean it in and that its not an actual statement/question and theres many different meanings of words in welsh than what it is in english, if u know what i mean :lol:

ReputationRep:
    lol
    ''aruthro'' = amaze/amazing
    ''Dybio ach yn'' = i suppose/guess you are..

so it translates as 'understand this? i suppose/guess you are amazing :rolleyes:

i guess its confusing because of the context i mean it in and that its not an actual statement/question and theres many different meanings of words in welsh than what it is in english, if u know what i mean :lol:

yes and i't south wales..I'm from N.wales!! but now taht you have translated it it does make sense. can you speak welsh? if so..
    dwi'n deallt yn iawn beth o ti'n ei ddewud nawr...haha (ive tried it in my best south wallien way)

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terraces)
    how dare you call the sacred man code silly!:p:
    I acctually spent a good houer last night sitting with my male friends rating everybody that past...was sooo funny!!! haaa
    I scored a 10 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    If a guy is desperate for a one night stand... they will just go after the ****gy girls regardless of looks.

You can tell which girls are ****gs, by the way they are dressed and if you know them if they have a reputation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    you don't need to approach guys if theyere approaching you though. It's much easier for girls anyway.:p:

agreed! with guys its almost expected for them to make the first move so there's more pressure on them to start conversation etc

ReputationRep:
    ....because they're more likely to say yes than a really pretty girl? I've noticed that on nights out, the ugly/fat/plain looking girls get approached a lot more by guys looking to have a one night stand, than pretty girls. I was wondering if this is because they are intimidated by pretty girls, or just think it's a lot easier to get a uglier girl to sleep with them. Do a lot of guys lower their standards if it's only a one night stand?
    When you mention guys going for "ugly/fat/plain looking girls" because of less chance of rejection and them being an easy lay, to what extent would you define ugly/fat/plain? Should the standards be lowered to include the extreme examples like Gwyneth Paltrow's obese alter ego in "Shallow Hal"?
    Just a thought.

(Original post by robocop1andahalf)
    When you mention guys going for "ugly/fat/plain looking girls" because of less chance of rejection and them being an easy lay, to what extent would you define ugly/fat/plain? Should the standards be lowered to include the extreme examples like Gwyneth Paltrow's obese alter ego in "Shallow Hal"?
    Just a thought.
    Interesting question. I think the character in 'Shallow Hal' may be a little bit extreme. I think a lot of guys would settle for fat girls for a night stand, but I think they would draw the line there. I think they'd go for an extremely ugly girl though, because it's less embarrassing than going for a fat girl.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting question. I think the character in 'Shallow Hal' may be a little bit extreme. I think a lot of guys would settle for fat girls for a night stand, but I think they would draw the line there. I think they'd go for an extremely ugly girl though, because it's less embarrassing than going for a fat girl.
    Fat as in quite big like, say, Rosie O'Donnell being the limit? And regards, extremely ugly do you mean someone with a face truly like a horse or just plain (i.e. not at all attractive but not repulsive either)?

(Original post by robocop1andahalf)
    Fat as in quite big like, say, Rosie O'Donnell being the limit? And regards, extremely ugly do you mean someone with a face truly like a horse or just plain (i.e. not at all attractive but not repulsive either)?
    Yes. I think a guy is more likely to sleep with a girl with a repulisive face, than someone with Rosie O'Donnell's figure. What do you think?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.