Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just want people's opinions on this especially medical students at these universities

I have got an offer at Nottingham and it's what I want to make my firm, however I can't make a decision till my Newcastle offer/rejection comes through which is in March

I am considering withdrawing my application from Newcastle (even though I've been to the interview) so that I can apply for accommodation in Nottingham as soon as possible. Nottingham's offer is AAB and Newcastle is AAA and I have got an insurance which is also AAB so I am not bothered about firm/insurance issues but I am a little hesitant on cancelling the application even though it seems the logical thing to do.

Your thoughts would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    if your sure you want to go to notts over newcastle, withdraw it, if not wait to hear from newcastle and decide then, because you may not get an offer anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It depends what your priorities are and which one suits them best.

Personally, Nottingham is my first choice and if offered a place there, I'd withdraw as it's stressful waiting for replies

ReputationRep:
    if you wouldn't pick newcastle even if you got an offer you might as well withdraw your application.

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I'd wait, otherwise you'll never know if you could've gotten in or not! But of course if you're sure you want to go to Nottingham and you won't go to Newcastle even if you get in then I suppose it makes sense..

ReputationRep:
    Just think to yourself 'which choice would leave me with the most regret?'

ReputationRep:
    this would be a bad time to post this question, seeing how nottingham just had a rejection spree.....me included........so, yeah....go for newcastle.....haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by streamline)
    I just want people's opinions on this especially medical students at these universities

I have got an offer at Nottingham and it's what I want to make my firm, however I can't make a decision till my Newcastle offer/rejection comes through which is in March

I am considering withdrawing my application from Newcastle (even though I've been to the interview) so that I can apply for accommodation in Nottingham as soon as possible. Nottingham's offer is AAB and Newcastle is AAA and I have got an insurance which is also AAB so I am not bothered about firm/insurance issues but I am a little hesitant on cancelling the application even though it seems the logical thing to do.

Congrats on hearing from the university of Nottingham. I think you should wait for your offer from the University of Newcastle, because you have nothing to lose. By the way what were your GCSE grades and AS Levels?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies everyone

(Original post by holymother)
    Congrats on hearing from the university of Nottingham. I think you should wait for your offer from the University of Newcastle, because you have nothing to lose. By the way what were your GCSE grades and AS Levels?
    GCSE 7 A* 3A
    UKCAT 725

Problem is the good accommodation gets booked early so by the time it comes to March, a lot of it would have gone

Would anyone choose Newcastle over Nottingham and if so, why?

ReputationRep:
    only withdraw if you know you'd reject a newcastle offer. If you are unsure, wait to see if you are made an offer then revisit both? although i appreciate the allure of accomodation decisions etc and moving forward, make sure it's without regret.

ReputationRep:
    newcastle over nottingham everytime.

better course
    better city
    better ents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gizmo!)

better course
    better city
    better ents
    Whoa the trees are better, youd think with sherwood around the corner notts would have the edge.

ReputationRep:
    newcastle is better.
    Tho I do intend on applying to nottingham next year..

Btw im not being biased about newcastle just my mate is from nottignham and she's and newcastle and loves it(:
    but anyway go for nottingham, its clear your trying ot tell us to say that(:

ReputationRep:

omg and i forgot to ask, what was your work experience?
    Sorry if its pesky or anything(:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenl93)
    omg and i forgot to ask, what was your work experience?
    Sorry if its pesky or anything(:
    Not at all.

2 weeks in a hospital
    1 week at a GP
    1 year volunteering at a hospice
    1 month doing a research project in tissue engineering at the Uni of Sheffield

(Original post by Gizmo!)

better course
    better city
    better ents
    How is Newcastle a better course Gizmo cus i thought you went to nottingham? tbh thats the only thing that's urging me to go to Newcastle, the rest of the stuff is what you make of it, notts and newc are both nice cities

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies everyone

GCSE 7 A* 3A
    UKCAT 725

Problem is the good accommodation gets booked early so by the time it comes to March, a lot of it would have gone

Would anyone choose Newcastle over Nottingham and if so, why?
    I would definitely choose Newcastle over Nottingham, but thats just personal perference.

I think the city of Newcastle is just amazing, the course is of the highest quality and in terms of ranking, Newcastle is definitely one of the highest 7th medschool this year I think.

But all medschools are decent, so if you prefer Nottingham, and are 100% sure its where you want to be, then go for it- even better, as you are giving other passionate Newc applicants a better chance (like me)!

And btw, I thought all unis give out accomo packs in ~March-April, so I doubt it would make much difference if you waited for a newc decision. :rolleyes: or am i wrong?

ReputationRep:
    It ultimately comes down to where you'd prefer to go; they are quite different afterall.

Would it really make that much of a difference if you waited 'till March though? :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.