Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would never bother applying again. It's one big, big lie.....

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been rejected yet, but will be very soon after today's interview!
    My plan is to go to the best university that offers me a place. I would love to go to Durham or St. Andrews, but I know my chances are very slight. I have an offer from Royal Holloway and if I don't get one from my other choices, that's where I'll be studying.
    I reapplied just because I wanted to try my luck at Cambridge, and despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I'll be rejected I don't reget it. I'm the kind of person who would have lied awake at night for the rest of her life thinking 'what if' :p:

(Original post by Yoshua)
    Ahhhh right But if you used up all five choices I'm guessing you couldn't drop one at this stage and change it? lol I am regretting applying too too many Scottish Unis. Apart from Edinburgh - which I love - I've realized I'm not too keen on some of them.
    You can only change a university of course within 14 days after sending off your application. I changed Edinburgh into Exeter today :o:

ReputationRep:
    OP, I can't compare as I haven't been to Cambridge, but I am currently at UCL now, and you'll have missed out on NOTHING if you choose UCL and don't take a year out to reapply. Durham's also good - don't be sad, you're in a brilliant situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuddlebuggy)
    Haha nice to see some Historians on this thread, but god, you guys are making me so jealous since most of you are pooled. :p: Yes, loads of time before March, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. The waiting's always the hardest!

I got my offer pretty early on, it was my first offer I think - either in Mid Oct or Nov. Haha, well the grades are nothing to brag about, and most certainly since I'm the OP of this rejectee thread. 41 points at IB with a 7,6,6 at HL. The 7 obviously being history. :p: Wish i studied a little harder with the other two though
    Nah, I think I'd rather have just been directly rejected tbh, at least that way the endless stressing and waiting around ends sooner! I'll trade my spot in the pool for your Durham offer any day of the week!!

Oh right okay, I don't know anything at all about the IB but you must have an absolutely outstanding application to have got an offer for History at Durham so early!! I didn't even think they made offers before the Jan deadline.

Very best of luck with whatever you choose to do, if I'm lucky enough maybe see you at Durham in Oct!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traumtänzer777)
    Why is it a lie? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rvg)
    Yeah I'm only turning 17 in may because I skipped a year in school, so I'd still be of "normal I'm-finishing-school-age" if I applied again... I'm almost certainly starting uni in the Netherlands in september and just will see what I'm going to do then. It depends on my exam grades as well :rolleyes: Oxford doesn't really offer ChemEng the way Cambridge does, so I don't really consider it actually.

Let me know if you receive an offer! I think you will: two colleges want you and you're pooled by Johns for English which means you must be a good candidate
    How impressive is that?! Wow! I'm sure you'll do great wherever you go :yep: Oh, sorry about the Oxford thing - I don't have a clue when it comes to science!
    I sure will, and thank you! I was interviewed today and it didn't go very well, so I'm expecting a rejection. Keeping my fingers crossed though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennihi)
    I haven't even been rejected yet, but I've already given up hope..
    I'm probably going to Bristol, if I meet my offer. If not, then I have no idea what to do. I really really regret not applying to Durham and St Andrews, I think I'd prefer a smaller place that's more Cambridge-like and traditional, as I really loved Cambridge.
    Are you the girl I had breakfast with at St. John's on the 10th?? :woo:
    Sorry if you're not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traumtänzer777)
    huh?

ReputationRep:
    Taking STEP II AND III anyway and if i get 1,1 or higher i'll reapply.

ReputationRep:
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky—try to take over the world!

But seriously I'l go for my plan all along, Durham (fingers crossed I get in), I only applied to Cambridge so I would I fit in better at Durham.

Though in all seriousness rejection didn't bother me that much as I applied just to see if I would have gotten in (not expecting too) so I didn't have "what if" moments. I reckon I will (if I get in) be happier at Durham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Claudia_)
    I haven't been rejected yet, but will be very soon after today's interview!
    My plan is to go to the best university that offers me a place. I would love to go to Durham or St. Andrews, but I know my chances are very slight. I have an offer from Royal Holloway and if I don't get one from my other choices, that's where I'll be studying.
    I reapplied just because I wanted to try my luck at Cambridge, and despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I'll be rejected I don't reget it. I'm the kind of person who would have lied awake at night for the rest of her life thinking 'what if' :p:

You can only change a university of course within 14 days after sending off your application. I changed Edinburgh into Exeter today :o:
    How was that Claudia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoshua)
    How was that Claudia?
    Changing the choice, you mean? I just rang UCAS and explained that I had a change of heart and they were fine with it and changed it immediately. This was within the 14 day deadline, I don't think it's possible in a later stage... I just thought I'd mention it in case you are still within that period You could always try to ring UCAS and see what they can do for you, they're extremely nice and will do what they can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuddlebuggy)
    Haha oh boy, I heard good things about St Andrews after I applied for all 5 of my schools. Argh! Can I delete LSE and choose all over again since they haven't replied yet? California! Who can resist? And good luck for St andrews!
    I think it depends on whether your application was submitted over 14 days ago or not. You should phone UCAS and see if they can help:yes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by kosy91)
    hey paddy!!!!!!!! feels so nice to see your post....hows evrything??
    Everything is good.

Apart from the snow and such.

How are you? I see you have decided on Nottingtham rather than Warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalexi)
    York for English
    After 3 rejections... :|
    Have you had an offer?? I don't anyone who's heard. Including myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    ya, cambridge rejection... i don't think i was good enough anyway, i'll probably accept any offer i get from other unis.. but a little part of me is really hoping to get 4 rejections so then i'll have to take a gap year... oh well, we'll see what happens...
    are you doing 7 alevels??? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucykinzz)
    are you doing 7 alevels??? :O
    Ya, kind of... see the languages, i don't take classes for, so i'm doing 5 in a sense... its not that bad really... i enjoy the classes, but the fact that I'm going to fail them all this year is inevitable!

ReputationRep:
    On topic:
    I just applied to Edinburgh.. I'm hoping they'll give me an offer, so I have an offer to fall back on if I get rejected from St A but want to study in the UK anyway.

Not that I'm EXPECTING them to do so, but I'm certainly hopeful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    Ya, kind of... see the languages, i don't take classes for, so i'm doing 5 in a sense... its not that bad really... i enjoy the classes, but the fact that I'm going to fail them all this year is inevitable!
    wow! thats really impressive
    any ideas why u didnt get in? i guess it wasnt the grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jfranny)
    well certainly for my course I just fell in love with it upon visiting the open day. It goes without saying that many people will have a different opinion but it's certainly a credible University (ranked 4th in the world) and is also perfectley situated (which I guess could be argued by students who are looking for a more relaxed education). Also I think another factor's the course structure of what you're wanting to study. I mean my subject's such a broad one and every University seems to have a different way of teaching Architecture.

basically what I'm trying to say is it suited me perfectley so I'd advise you to go explore and do some research, go visit. :yes:
    Assuming this is UCL, lol. My girlfriend goes there and likes it. I've spent a lot of time around the campus, having a nose, etc, as I did briefly consider doing postgrad politics there. From an outside perspective I'd say: The location itself is very impressive. Even though it's jam packed in the middle of Euston there is still a strong studenty feel. Can't remember the name of it.. the quadrangle? In particular around the union etc.

The bad side: The accommodation that I saw was awful. Worst I've ever seen. Felt very impersonal and disconnected from the uni too.

Also the 4th in the world nonsense is a bit of a misnomer, you have to look at how they calculate those world rankings. But still, you could go around saying that . Oh and also, a complaint of my girlfriends is that nobody she mentions UCL to knows what / where it is, nor finds it impressive. I suppose your everyday person would be more likely to know of places like Durham / city universities.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.