Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    some people seem to take it way too seriously when I flirt with them (boys and girls- I'm a girl) there are a lot of boys I know/ have met who flirt with me and are sort of forward about how attractive they find me- but its no issue and we just have fun- even if we dance together they get when it does/doesn't mean something. same with some girls- but some people have gotten really carried awawy

- one girl the other night has twice got really pissed off because I dance with her and asked me if I want to dance (which I find a bit odd in clubs) and told me to 'stop freaking out' but then tried to kiss me (I am attracted to her in a general way but I didn't want to kiss her) and on this other occasion- a boy twice told loads of people I was his girlfriend/texted me loads and clearly thought we were together so I had to break up with him

I want opinions- I personally want to be able to flirt/kiss/possibly have sex with people and trust them to gauge from the circumstances whether or not its going anywhere- most of the time its no problem (as far as I'm aware)- I am concerned about leading people on though- I don't want people to get hurt or feel used

also- I've known for years that I'm sometimes attracted to girls and I've kissed a few girls- but I don't really particularly don't want to have full on sex with a girl or a girlfriend- I don't find this an issue- but this girl I was talking about seems convinced that just because I didn't pull her I'm sexually confused- I just don't want anything to happen with her (mainly because she's really full on and one of those people I'm often worried about offending/ she acts like she doesn't like me a lot of the time and is really hard to read- then easily accuses me of leading her on)

my questions is basically what are your thoughts on this?
    it would really help

ReputationRep:
    You can't have everything, that's what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowwdaisy)
    some people seem to take it way too seriously when I flirt with them (boys and girls- I'm a girl) there are a lot of boys I know/ have met who flirt with me and are sort of forward about how attractive they find me- but its no issue and we just have fun- even if we dance together they get when it does/doesn't mean something. same with some girls- but some people have gotten really carried awawy

- one girl the other night has twice got really pissed off because I dance with her and asked me if I want to dance (which I find a bit odd in clubs) and told me to 'stop freaking out' but then tried to kiss me (I am attracted to her in a general way but I didn't want to kiss her) and on this other occasion- a boy twice told loads of people I was his girlfriend/texted me loads and clearly thought we were together so I had to break up with him

I want opinions- I personally want to be able to flirt/kiss/possibly have sex with people and trust them to gauge from the circumstances whether or not its going anywhere- most of the time its no problem (as far as I'm aware)- I am concerned about leading people on though- I don't want people to get hurt or feel used

also- I've known for years that I'm sometimes attracted to girls and I've kissed a few girls- but I don't really particularly don't want to have full on sex with a girl or a girlfriend- I don't find this an issue- but this girl I was talking about seems convinced that just because I didn't pull her I'm sexually confused- I just don't want anything to happen with her (mainly because she's really full on and one of those people I'm often worried about offending/ she acts like she doesn't like me a lot of the time and is really hard to read- then easily accuses me of leading her on)

my questions is basically what are your thoughts on this?
    it would really help
    Stop flirting with people you don't want any progression with. This doesn't mean no talking, etc. Just know when you're flirting!

ReputationRep:
    You need to learn how to change your behaviour around some people - so those who are easily lead on you don't flirt with so much and those who want to have fun then you can flirt with them and have fun.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Warn them before you do anything more than kissing and also after you first kiss that you don't want a relatioship. Most people probably will be fine with that and the ones that aren't will bugger off without being too offended.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm, i think a lot of people (sadly including my boyfriend) have problems knowing when they're flirting or not. Generally I would say you need to make your position clear beforekissing, having sex etc.

Also, i dont wanna sound like a prude, but i wouldn't have sex with someone if its not going anywhere, especially if theyre not clear that its not.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.