Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gear-guy)
    i never said i should be respected, just not wrongfully disrespected.
    you and them both ey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azer)
    True. But just as yelling at the elderly is uncalled for, so it is not a good idea to insult someone personally for a post. The kid was just asking for advice/guidance to understand the situation better, everyone has to learn, especially so at his age. So wouldn't it be better to teach him what was wrong with his attitude rather than explaining what is wrong with him?
    Most people know lying is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Most people know lying is wrong.
    Iunno, he was making up a story to help explain his viewpoint of the situation up for discussion. He failed at it as this thread shows, but it's not that different from academics creating thought experiments to help their argument.

ReputationRep:
    Ahahahahah you're not doing so well in this thread, my boy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azer)
    Iunno, he was making up a story to help explain his viewpoint of the situation up for discussion. He failed at it as this thread shows, but it's not that different from academics creating thought experiments to help their argument.
    parts of it were real incedents, just kind of stitched together and altered, like the missing the last bus, that really happened, but only because the busses got cancelled because of the snow.

ReputationRep:
    I actually had something similar to this happen to me, but I was listening to Wagner at the time. They, they being a boorish eighty-year-old woman and a similarly aged man, didn't continue the argument but just sort of said "Oh . . .".

OP, you shouldn't have kicked up a fuss. Also, you shouldn't be playing your music loudly - other people don't want to hear it.

ReputationRep:
    well as your only thirteen go back to smoking in secret and listening to linkin park

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    well as your only thirteen go back to smoking in secret and listening to linkin park
    i dont smoke, too expensive, i spend all my money on other more important stuff. that and the only person that sells them at our school hates me.

ReputationRep:
    i dont smoke, too expensive, i spend all my money on other more important stuff. that and the only person that sells them at our school hates me.

well isn't it coming up to your bedtime?

ReputationRep:
    well isn't it coming up to your bedtime?
    no, not yet, got another half hour, then i sit and text for ages.

no, not yet, got another half hour, then i sit and text for ages.
    You just made me spit my coffee out my mouth when I looked and it was only 9.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of a ****** up 13 year old were you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    You just made me spit my coffee out my mouth when I looked and it was only 9.
    it was a joke, he was obviously trying to get rid of me.
    i hope you didnt get coffee all over your computer, its a ***** to get off.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you just hate it when someone sets there FB profile to private :sad:

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=Be....2644501773..1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Don't you just hate it when someone sets there FB profile to private :sad:

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=Be....2644501773..1
    lol, nice one, i'm easy to find though, i'm guessing you dont want to add me?

ReputationRep:
    I understand the OP's point, although in the scenario he described he was pretty rude...

But yeah, I hate the assumption that all young people are rude idiots. It kind of annoys me when I'm polite, e.g. holding a door open for an old person, and they say how shocked they are, because I'm younger. Some young people are polite! Just as some old people are rude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasharox)
    I understand the OP's point, although in the scenario he described he was pretty rude...

But yeah, I hate the assumption that all young people are rude idiots. It kind of annoys me when I'm polite, e.g. holding a door open for an old person, and they say how shocked they are, because I'm younger. Some young people are polite! Just as some old people are rude.
    the scenario was invented to get a point accross

ReputationRep:
    For the love of God, learn to spell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    For the love of God, learn to spell!
    who is that directed towards?

if its me, sorry, i switch off at night

ReputationRep:
    who is that directed towards?

if its me, sorry, i switch off at night
    You, of course you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.