Turn on thread page Beta

Will a university give someone a place back without telling them? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm new to here, so not too sure how it all works, but I'm in desperate need of some advice. I don't know how to ask this without it all looking like my fault, but how would I contact a university that I turned down to get them to reinstate the place without someone else knowing?

A couple of days ago, my boyfriend and I had a blazing row because I found out he'd seen his ex-girlfriend behind my back. He said he was going to tell me, and that they only went for coffee and that he was going to tell me afterwards (yeah whatever :rolleyes:). We set up our UCAS accounts together though because we didn't know how to do it, and so I knew his password and account details. I don't know what possessed me - I was just blinded by anger I suppose - but I turned down his offer at LSE for Economics.

This was a couple of days ago though, and while at first I didn't care, I've been wracked by guilt all day, and worry in case he finds out what I've done. If I phone LSE, will they give him his place back without telling him, or will he find out what I've done?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, what an awful thing to do OP! I'm not that judgmental, but my god...

Tell your boyfriend, as there is no way YOU will be able to phone UCAS/LSE on his behalf - it'll have to be done by him, and he can say there was an accidental refusal of offer, or an error - tell him ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    Troll. Or the worst ever girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    This has got to be a troll. Definite troll.

ReputationRep:
    Look, I wish this wasn't true, but it is. I only needed some advice for heaven's sake. Thank you Punkyrocker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    This has got to be a troll. Definite troll.
    :yep:

And a funny one too :p:

ReputationRep:
    That is really low. Why would you even consider doing that?

You could try phoning LSE, but to be honest, knowing how strict and picky they are, they probably won't believe you and just refuse to do anything.

It's your own fault if they don't take him back, and then it'll be on you to explain. Good luck with that.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope this is a troll. If not i'm disgusted!

ReputationRep:
    Nomination for Girlfriend of the Year, I think. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh hhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Ur Going To Hell!!!!!

Please Be A Troll!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hottiger)
    Look, I wish this wasn't true, but it is. I only needed some advice for heaven's sake. Thank you Punkyrocker.
    Ok, well if this is true, you don't deserve anything, let alone advice, as you're an absolute *****.

For your boyfriend's(ex or whatever) sake however, you've got to tell him, and make sure he contacts the Uni immediately and says it was an error. TBH, it's such a f***ed up thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm new to here, so not too sure how it all works, but I'm in desperate need of some advice. I don't know how to ask this without it all looking like my fault, but how would I contact a university that I turned down to get them to reinstate the place without someone else knowing?

A couple of days ago, my boyfriend and I had a blazing row because I found out he'd seen his ex-girlfriend behind my back. He said he was going to tell me, and that they only went for coffee and that he was going to tell me afterwards (yeah whatever :rolleyes:). We set up our UCAS accounts together though because we didn't know how to do it, and so I knew his password and account details. I don't know what possessed me - I was just blinded by anger I suppose - but I turned down his offer at LSE for Economics.

This was a couple of days ago though, and while at first I didn't care, I've been wracked by guilt all day, and worry in case he finds out what I've done. If I phone LSE, will they give him his place back without telling him, or will he find out what I've done?
    JESUS CHRIST THATS HARSH! Ok, end of judging you, but ring them, write to them, go to London and talk to them, but if you don't fix it he will never forgive you. LSE economics is harder to get into than a lot of Oxbridge courses. On the plus side though, I don't think he'll ever be risking meeting up with his ex again if you pull stunts like that when you're mad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Ok, well if this is true, you don't deserve anything, let alone advice, as you're an absolute *****.

For your boyfriend's(ex or whatever) sake however, you've got to tell him, and make sure he contacts the Uni immediately and says it was an error. TBH, it's such a f***ed up thing to do.
    Oh get lost. You obviously didn't read the part where I said he met up with his ex-girlfriend and didn't tell me.

ReputationRep:
    If this is true, you're vile.

ReputationRep:

You are only feeling guilty because he may find out, not because you've potentially ruined his future? If you actually did this then you really are selfish. I don't know what to suggest other than to come clean to your soon to be ex-boyfriend (I imagine), so that he can phone ucas/LSE and try to sort out the mess you've created.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chebanana)
    If this is true, you're vile.
    :rolleyes: You obviously didn't see where he met with his ex-girlfriend and didn't tell me.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: You obviously didn't see where he met with his ex-girlfriend and didn't tell me.
    ...to have coffee...

as opposed to you refusing an offer that could change much of his life/career on the long term

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, even if it was in Ron Jeremys private mansion Its not worth potentially destroying his university choice. If you are going to stand a chance of getting the offer back, you and him need to ring up so you can explain that you 'accidentally declined his offer as you thought it was your UCAS not his', and beg for the place back.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, everyone's being cruel (assuming this isn't a troll post). She didn't ask you to judge her, she just asked you if it was possible. I'll admit OP that you went way too far, but I can understand you being angry, I would be too, and people do stupid things when they're mad and not thinking logically. I can't really see a way around this though, you'll have to either contact the university, who'll need to speak to your boyfriend anyway, or just tell him. Either way he will have to find out, there's no way of getting out of this.

ReputationRep:
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh man. I really hope this isn't a troll 'cos it would be far too funny.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.