Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will a university give someone a place back without telling them? Watch

• PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by hottiger)
    :rolleyes: You obviously didn't see where he met with his ex-girlfriend and didn't tell me.
    I've met up with ex's and not told the current, because SHOCK HORROR, it is actually possible to be friends with ex's

Advice - try and fix it. asap. don't think you'll have much luck, so get on the phone and get begging.

ReputationRep:
    Harsh!

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: You obviously didn't see where he met with his ex-girlfriend and didn't tell me.
    You're pathetic to react so horribly to something so small. Did you ever stop to think perhaps he didn't tell you he went for coffee with his ex because he knew you'd totally overreact? Which clearly, you have. Stop being so selfish.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you ARE a keeper

ReputationRep:
    lol even if you did explain, LSE may decide they no longer want someone who cheats!

in which case he's dreams are over:<

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaagh he's coming round my house to beat me up as I texted him saying what I'd done.

ReputationRep:
    Unless the poor boyfriend only had one offer and the rest were all rejections (received already), the scenario painted by the OP would not be possible. You can only decline an offer at the same time as you make firm and insurance acceptances and when all your decisions are in.

ReputationRep:
    Oh get lost. You obviously didn't read the part where I said he met up with his ex-girlfriend and didn't tell me.
    Oh boo hoo. Like that even justifies what you did. Great, he met up with his ex, he'd obviously had enough of you no surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Unless the poor boyfriend only had one offer and the rest were all rejections (received already), the scenario painted by the OP would not be possible. You can only decline an offer at the same time as you make firm and insurance acceptances and when all your decisions are in.
    DOH! How did we miss that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    We have a winner.

ReputationRep:
    OH thats awfull! (but kinda funny...)

He must have seen it, maybe if he doesn't know what happened and blames ucas they will be more sympathetic to change it :s, I would call ucas though rather then LSE. Can you get the police involved for something like this? If not you should be able to - you've potentially ruined his dreams.

I went through exactly the same thing as you did with my ex a long time ago... your actions are not a normal response lol. At least you regret it though...

ReputationRep:
    Everyone on here's got troll fever, I think.

Anyway, you HAVE to tell him as soon as possible so he can try and clean up the mess you've made. He will probably break up with you...but to be honest, if you're that paranoid about him seeing his ex, and those are the lengths you'll go to because you obviously don't trust him, then maybe you're both better off without eachother.

ReputationRep:
    8/10

ReputationRep:
    I hope you're just a troll :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Teach the ****** not to cheat. But if he wasn't cheating. Unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    you are SICK

ReputationRep:
    You could just say to him... oh have you checked your ucas recently, i got another offer or sometihng and he will check it and see it, and will maybe assume it was a fault on ucas's end and they will sort it .

ReputationRep:
    If this isn't a troll then I would have no sympathy with you if your boyfriend (probably ex now) beat the **** out of you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm new to here, so not too sure how it all works, but I'm in desperate need of some advice. I don't know how to ask this without it all looking like my fault, but how would I contact a university that I turned down to get them to reinstate the place without someone else knowing?

A couple of days ago, my boyfriend and I had a blazing row because I found out he'd seen his ex-girlfriend behind my back. He said he was going to tell me, and that they only went for coffee and that he was going to tell me afterwards (yeah whatever :rolleyes:). We set up our UCAS accounts together though because we didn't know how to do it, and so I knew his password and account details. I don't know what possessed me - I was just blinded by anger I suppose - but I turned down his offer at LSE for Economics.

This was a couple of days ago though, and while at first I didn't care, I've been wracked by guilt all day, and worry in case he finds out what I've done. If I phone LSE, will they give him his place back without telling him, or will he find out what I've done?
    ur a disgrace

ReputationRep:
    There are people who would kill for an LSE offer. Good Luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.