Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The more I think about it, the worse I think I did. There's no way I have 90%+, I'm thinking maybe a mid B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by major-major-major)
    wasn't the NO ques. only 1 mark?
    nah it was deffo two
    it say describe bla bla bla... include an equation in your answer

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys write for the first question, the question about bond enthalpy and the question about comparing the reactions to make H2O2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerdays)
    what did you guys write for the first question, the question about bond enthalpy and the question about comparing the reactions to make H2O2
    comparing the reactions/./.was to do with 100% atom economy in the second reaction.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't think it was too hard, nothing unexpected atleast. What did people get for the penultimate question where you had to identify compounds E and F? Anyone else get pentan-2-ol for the alcohol and pentan-2-one for F?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

Yeah, no waste products, no toxic things involved. Reactants readily available and abundant, 100% atom economy etc etc....

ReputationRep:
    The atom economy wasn't 100% though.

ReputationRep:
    1) fractional distaillation, separation by boiling points becauses different chain lengths have differen boiling points,

err to be exothemic the enthalpy change that occurs when breaking bonds must be less than the enthalpy change when the bonds of products are made.

anther.... can be reused, 100% atom economy, sustainable, no poisnous gases etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamF)
    Didn't think it was too hard, nothing unexpected atleast. What did people get for the penultimate question where you had to identify compounds E and F? Anyone else get pentan-2-ol for the alcohol and pentan-2-one for F?
    I'm almost certain it was a carboxylic acid and not a ketone. Guys did u not see the C-0 peak??????? @ ~ 1200 cm ^-1 or was i hallucinating?>? i'm certain it was propanoic acid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tcdc09)
    I put N2 + 02 = 2NO

Isnt that just the same?
    Yes but I you would only put down one mole of NO is the question asked for the equation for the enthalp formation of NO, and I don't think it did. :I
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yes it was, 02 + H2 -> H202

ReputationRep:
    itwaz...cuz it was a trick quest....catalyst was reformed.

ReputationRep:
    atom economy is how much of the product is usefull. the fact the ather.... could be reused in the 1st reaction means its classed as useful. therefore atom econmy is 100%
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by FoOtYdUdE)
    I'm almost certain it was a carboxylic acid and not a ketone. Guys did u not see the C-0 peak??????? @ ~ 1200 cm ^-1 or was i hallucinating?>? i'm certain it was propanoic acid.
    There was no O-H bond peak though

ReputationRep:
    There was no O-H peak at 3000 something.

ReputationRep:
    it was for the second one with that weirdo enzyme
    i cant remember what it was called though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotCoco.)
    There was no O-H peak at 3000 something.
    but guys there was a c-o...and if u check the data sheet..it says c-0 = carboxylic acid?? aah man i'm cnfuzzled

ReputationRep:
    Gah a long horrible wait to march! :mad:

I wish there was a chem version of Mr M

ReputationRep:
    there was no OH peak so it was not a carboxylic. Also there was a fragmentation a 45 which is ch3ch(oh)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    but guys there was a c-o...and if u check the data sheet..it says c-0 = carboxylic acid?? aah man i'm cnfuzzled
    Nope. There was a C=O

A C-O is not a carboxylic acid anyway...

EDIT: Oops, just realised there is a C-O bond in carboxylic acids... Either way, there was no O-H therefore it's not a carboxylic acid

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.