Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I said for the first question that the Kerosene is seperated due to its hydricarbon length (via a range) in a fractional column.

And for the enthalpy I said that the enthalpy change is exothermic; (heat) energy is absorbed to break the bonds abd energy is released to make the bonds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoOtYdUdE)
    Actually, COOH+ ALSo = 45! :confused: Aaaah, i'm certain i saw a C-0. i have a data sheet in front of me cuz i'm revising for unit 4. i'm 110% sure it's propanoic acid! aww, i'm being so stubborn. sorry guys. don't hate me! :o:
    The mas spec was of E not F so cooh would not have shown up because it wasnt reacted yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Presidential)
    If your talking bout f322 it was 2 marks
    Great. Thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, COOH+ ALSo = 45! :confused: Aaaah, i'm certain i saw a C-0. i have a data sheet in front of me cuz i'm revising for unit 4. i'm 110% sure it's propanoic acid! aww, i'm being so stubborn. sorry guys. don't hate me! :o:
    There was C=O absorption, but there was no broad absorption at 2500-3300 cm^-1 from the O-H bond that would be present in a carboxylic acid. It's propan-2-ol and upon oxidation it forms propanone.

ReputationRep:
    If your talking bout f322 it was 2 marks

I am pretty sure I saw 1 mark.

Lets have a poll!:yes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Noble.)
    There was C=O absorption, but there was no broad absorption at 2500-3300 cm^-1 from the O-H bond that would be present in a carboxylic acid. It's propan-2-ol and upon oxidation it forms propanone.
    FACT
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by major-major-major)
    I am pretty sure I saw 1 mark.

Lets have a poll!:yes:
    I thought it was 2....

ReputationRep:
    The mass spectrum wasn't for the organic product though? It was the alocohol. There was definitely no O-H group on the IR spectrum. It's an unmissable peak, very broad at around 3000, right? It was definitely a ketone. Yes, there was a C=O peak, but DEFINITELY no O-H.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I thought it was 2....
    describe how NO forms in an aeroplane engine, write a equation to show this(2)

N2 from the air also(burns) reacts in the engine (1)
    N2+O2>2NO (1)

This what I think the question was about.

ReputationRep:
    It was propanone. http://home.clara.net/rod.beavon/propanoneIR.gif Bleurgh, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, secondary alcohol oxidise to ketones so that's a really stupid error. Gawwwwwd. :p:

ReputationRep:

N2+O2>2NO (1)

Sorry to sound stubborn, but for some reason Im certain it was only 1 mark!?
    Can someone please just get the paper up so we can see and clarify this!? :p:

ReputationRep:

N2+O2>2NO (1)

I said that the aircraft provided enough energy to break the tripple bond in N2. Would that count?

Also, could my above question be answered?

ReputationRep:
    I maybe completely wrong about this (probs am) but this is what I saw:

State, with the aid of an equation, how NO forms in an aeroplane engine. (1)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    It was two marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    lol resistance is futile xD, what did you put for the answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by major-major-major)
    I maybe completely wrong about this (probs am) but this is what I saw:

State, with the aid of an equation, how NO forms in an aeroplane engine. (1)
    Lol it was 2 its asking for 2 different things.

ReputationRep:

N2+O2>2NO (1)

Did the question say nitrogen oxide or nitrogen monoxide? I think I put down NO_2 instead of NO but got the balancing right.

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys put for
    explain why reactions are sometimes exothermic

ReputationRep:
    lol resistance is futile xD, what did you put for the answer?
    I just put N2+O2--> 2NO

Still certain it was only one mark haha I will eat my hat and apologise profusely :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 10, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.