Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nameless_one)
    i want someone to post the paper up!
    and the mark scheme!
    well I doubt any one has access to the paper right now, and there's no self made mark scheme (there normally made by Ultra Tsr geeks, who clearly did not resit unit 2 lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    Sorry to sound stubborn, but for some reason Im certain it was only 1 mark!?
    Can someone please just get the paper up so we can see and clarify this!? :p:
    It was defo one mark because i spoke with my teacher after the exam and he says it was mean to be only one mark

ReputationRep:
    Generally, when it says "with the aid of an equation" you can get full marks by simply stating the equation. Even though it's worded as if the equation should be linked to a description/explanation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    Generally, when it says "with the aid of an equation" you can get full marks by simply stating the equation. Even though it's worded as if the equation should be linked to a description/explanation.
    I was soo sure it was 2 marks but you people have got me confused, I will ask a few friends tomoz.

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write for why branched alkanes are used?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerdays)
    Burn more smoothly/Promote efficient combustion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Presidential)
    I was soo sure it was 2 marks but you people have got me confused, I will ask a few friends tomoz.
    dude it definitely was two marks?

explain how it comes about: heat produced by combustion in aeroplane engine leads to oxidation of N2 present in the air, in the engine.

then equation: N2 + 02 ----> 2NO

ReputationRep:
    Awesome. I said that fewer van der waals forces formed due to less surface contact, this promotes more efficient combustion. What did you put for the very last question?

ReputationRep:
    Higher octane rating, reduced knocking when burnt in an engine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    dude it definitely was two marks?

explain how it comes about: heat produced by combustion in aeroplane engine leads to oxidation of N2 present in the air, in the engine.

then equation: N2 + 02 ----> 2NO
    Thats what I thought but people on here are confusing me lol. How did you find the exam man?

ReputationRep:
    Higher octane rating, reduced knocking when burnt in an engine?
    That's a good answer, also.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome. I said that fewer van der waals forces formed due to less surface contact, this promotes more efficient combustion. What did you put for the very last question?
    i said something along the lines of

Not with this evidence alone, these two graphs represent a correlation between CO2 and temp,
    although compelling data, this data alone does not represent a causal relationship between co2 and temp.

something like that anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Presidential)
    Thats what I thought but people on here are confusing me lol. How did you find the exam man?
    yeah just had a read through, decided to chip in here :p: ?
    i am confident it was two as i remember thinking how to allocate the marks.

I feel it went well! although i did last june aswel
    i agree on the propan-2-ol and propanone thing,
    enthalpy change from experiment like -1560 kJ mol- ?
    and from the hess law bit like - 2500kJ mol- something in the 2000s

how did it go for you?

ReputationRep:
    i said something along the lines of

Not with this evidence alone, these two graphs represent a correlation between CO2 and temp,
    although compelling data, this data alone does not represent a causal relationship between co2 and temp.

something like that anyway
    Hmm... I said that there generally was a correlation between CO2 and Temp (as the concentration of CO2 increased, so did temperature), which would suggest that CO2 has a factor in global warming?

ReputationRep:
    looking back over my paper i saved myself losing two marks on the atom economy question!

i calculated it like BaSO4/(BaSO4+H2O2) * 100 which was calculating a-economy for the Barium compound -.-

i changed it and ended up with like 12.something %?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... I said that there generally was a correlation between CO2 and Temp (as the concentration of CO2 increased, so did temperature), which would suggest that CO2 has a factor in global warming?
    yeah but i took it from just these two graphs and not what the current situation, and the media say, that CO2 = the cause of change in global temp

i was answering do these graphs, one source of data alone present enough evidence for a causal link

sorry if i sound like im angry im not

ReputationRep:
    I somehow got 16.7% . What range of raw marks do you guys think you have?

ReputationRep:
    yeah just had a read through, decided to chip in here :p: ?
    i am confident it was two as i remember thinking how to allocate the marks.

I feel it went well! although i did last june aswel
    i agree on the propan-2-ol and propanone thing,
    enthalpy change from experiment like -1560 kJ mol- ?
    and from the hess law bit like - 2500kJ mol- something in the 2000s

how did it go for you?
    Yh -1560 and -2830

I think It went well, I did like 7 years worth of past papers so I think I wrote what they wanted. I need and and A to save my grade lol.

ReputationRep:
    looking back over my paper i saved myself losing two marks on the atom economy question!

i calculated it like BaSO4/(BaSO4+H2O2) * 100 which was calculating a-economy for the Barium compound -.-

i changed it and ended up with like 12.something %?
    12.7 yh

ReputationRep:
    I somehow got 16.7% . What range of raw marks do you guys think you have?
    70-90 lool

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.