Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Someone please heeelppp... Whats the best/most sociable halls to be in at Man Met?? & are briarsfield/oxford court the more 'boring' ones?

Originally i wanted Briarsfield or Oxford Court cos they have en suite and i will probably need my own bathroom (medical reasons) BUT i really want to make the most of Uni, like i love clubbing/meeting new people.. i dont want to be in quiet halls.. apparently theyr not very sociable compared to cambridge?? Is that true?? (Dont be biased if you live there please!)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It's impossible to expect people not to be biased, we can only base it on our own experiences!

I'd be fairly sure that cambridge would be more sociable in general, but honestly the sociability depends on who you end up living with in your flat much more than which halls you choose.

ReputationRep:
    All Manchester met 2010 students join the new facebook group!

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search...3024645&ref=ts

Keep in touch, make new friends and discuss everything!

ReputationRep:
    It's not about the halls. It's about the people who are living in your halls. A building doesn't really make people more sociable.

I'm in Daisy Bank and people are pretty sociable, although I've been lumbered with people who make incredible amounts of noise at 4/5am in my block.

From what I've heard from people who live in Cambridge, it's very very noisy there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explodingknees)
    It's not about the halls. It's about the people who are living in your halls. A building doesn't really make people more sociable.

I'm in Daisy Bank and people are pretty sociable, although I've been lumbered with people who make incredible amounts of noise at 4/5am in my block.

From what I've heard from people who live in Cambridge, it's very very noisy there.
    yeah this is true.

the people who live in halls change every year so you cant brand certain halls as sociable or quiet etc..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 19, 2010

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Courses Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.