Turn on thread page Beta

Only applied to one uni by accident watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I originally only intended to apply for one course, Film and Video at Newport. But today after talking to my tutor he recommended that I also apply for another course at Bristol UWE. He convinced me and I decided I might as well apply for a couple of other local relevant courses (Im not looking to move).

However I was so worked up about my personal statement I completely forgot, and just hit the submit button :woo:

Is there anything I can do? My tutor wouldn't have written my reference yet if that helps, but says he will write it tonight.

ReputationRep:
    You can just add extra choices onto your UCAS until all 5 slots are filled up.

Make sure you do so before the 22nd though! And preferably before that if possible.

ReputationRep:
    Just log back in and add the courses

ReputationRep:
    How? I've hit send and submit.

ReputationRep:
    Once it's been processed by ucas, if you pay the additional charge you can add up to four more choices. Obviously because you've already paid the £9 already you'll just have to pay £10 more.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It might be easier to ask your referee to send your application back to you, although you can add choices later if you wish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shred)
    How? I've hit send and submit.
    Email/ring your tutor asap and get him to send it back to you before he adds your reference and sends it off

ReputationRep:
    Just log onto track once your reference is done, and it gives you the option to add some choices there. I added two after I'd sent mine off, it is possible

ReputationRep:
    Do I have to "add the choices later" before the 22nd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_x)
    Just log onto track once your reference is done, and it gives you the option to add some choices there. I added two after I'd sent mine off, it is possible
    You're 100% sure? If so I'll do that.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Shred)
    If you want to be given equal consideration, yes. You can add choices after this but they do not have to consider you - although they may if they still have spaces.

If you're reference hasn't been sent, email asking them to send it back to you - it won't have 'properly' gone off yet.

If it has and it's been processed by UCAS, add them in on Track by the 22nd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shred)
    Most definitely.

ReputationRep:
    Does UCAS post the welcome letter fast enough for me to get them in by the 22nd?

(Original post by Shred)
    Does UCAS post the welcome letter fast enough for me to get them in by the 22nd?
    If it's been sent today, then I would think you'd get the Welcome Letter through the post on Sat or Mon. However, the ID number for Track is usually the same as the one on the homepage in your Apply section and the username/password is definitely the same.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm ok thank you, I just tried logging into track and it said my details are invalid, though that might just be because my reference hasn't been completed yet?

ReputationRep:
    You won't be able to log in to track until ucas receives and processes your application. As of yet it's only gone to your tutor so ucas haven't even seen it yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shred)
    You're 100% sure? If so I'll do that.
    Yeah, definitely. That's what I did. I applied to 3 universities, then decided to add 2 more after I'd sent my application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shred)
    Hmm ok thank you, I just tried logging into track and it said my details are invalid, though that might just be because my reference hasn't been completed yet?
    Your tutor will have your username or whatever when UCAS has processed it, mine did so I could log into track before I got my welcome letter through

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for all your help guys. Panic over I think.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.