Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm based up north right now...it's not a v.well known fnd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fashionistfix)
    All the criteria were stated when we recieved the mini project and they basically mark our mini project based around it...

And jkayll I applied to both womenswear and menswear BUT i only did a mini projected based on womenswear and clearly wrote on the envelope my chosen pathway, this being womenswear.

I am very dissapointed with their effort of feedback with simply using a tick box system opposed to a comment of some substance.

Any way Good luck to all of you who have applied
    Thanks for the information. Good luck on your other applications!

ReputationRep:
    Interview for Fashion print at CSM in April!!!!! I can't believe it!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I applied for a Ba in Fashion Print and Surface Textiles at LCF. They told me to do that mini 10 page project, done that and sent it through. Now I've got a portfolio review/interview sometime in April. I've already applied for Ba Textiles at CSM and have got a conditional offer. Should I still attend the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Omg.. that sounds awesome that you have got your interview dates... and got offers....
    I can't wait when I get mine interview date..

To mmmilkybar: I guess if you ar ehappy with print offer... and that is the what you want... then I don't see the point why you should attend the interview... but still If I woudl be You... I would still go and see... what they talk... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kattlin7)
    I got this mini project as well. Applying to the CSM womenswear....
    They got my mini oortfolio today... I hope they like it....
    Kinda of nerve eating

I do hope I will get the call to the interview....

Good luck for You guys!!!
    How many pages did you send and also did you just choose a theme of your choice. I have to do mine for the 14th april but because I do dressmaking I dont know what to send really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrie8)
    How many pages did you send and also did you just choose a theme of your choice. I have to do mine for the 14th april but because I do dressmaking I dont know what to send really.
    Are you applying for the design pathways? I think they specify the theme of the mini-pf in the attachment to the email.

ReputationRep:
    Yes its 10 pages for all pathways, and you don't need to make a garment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrie8)
    I did send them as I am not so much note taking person, so I did the moodboard of my inspiration, and the added the sketches I made...I have, and as well the 2 fashion drawings(fabric samples, and in 3d, added the shadows...) as they required... plus stwo pics from my earlier work....

I sent mind them already on 23rd of Feb, ahevn't heard so long from them, I trie dto call today, but they have some problems with their phones ystem as teh web page said.. Will give them call tomorrow or on Monday...

if You have more question... You are welcome to ask...

ReputationRep:
    I have done a wedding with 6 bridesmaid (3D) 1950's glamour. I am doing a moodboard to tie in along with the sketches and fabric sample along with some pattern that I have done with printmaking and the final piece of a patchwork design and also the illustration of the final dress. I dont know if this is too much!!

ReputationRep:
    My project deadline was the 10th March and I am STILLL waiting for a reply... =(
    If they're going to let me down I wish they'd do it quickly..

ReputationRep:
    Really
    Maybe phone them up as ask?

I havent heard either!

ReputationRep:
    I just read the whole thread and there is lots of useful info ) thank you everybody for sharing. This is my situation: I applied to CSM, Westminster and Kingston. 3 pathways in CSM: print, knit and marketing. I've only heard from CSM so far and it's about the Journey project. Now after reading some posts here I realize that I should write on the envelope which pathway it is for and obviously include relevant work... So I don't know what to do now... Print or knit... There is not enough time to do what jkayll that is come up with two projects. I agree with you though that I'd rather be turned down at mini project stage than get my hopes up.

Kattlin7, I am sorry to hear you got rejected from Wesminster ( it's my second choice but it seems like it's hard to get in to. How did they assess your work? Did you have an interview? Did they even see your work?

I'm still working on my portfolio (when I am not at work 40 hours a week) but I find sketching rough ideas the hardest part, I have no art school behind me and my drawing skills aren't brilliant... What I have a loooot of is fabric samples: knit, print, leather... As I wasn't on a foundation course I don't know what other people's portfolios look like. How big, what they include etc. Can you write a bit about your portfolios guys? Mine is 1 project in an A3 sketchbook with 26 pages of research (well, all apart from design ideas). I also need to do a moodboard, finish sketching garments and illustrate some (i fear this part). What about yours?

My deadline for mini project in April 26th.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I'd love to hear some feedback on my portfolio. Is there a thread for posting portfolio pictures to be critiqued? Not that I can find one. And feedback might not help I suppose... At the end of the day it'll be the uni's decision.

ReputationRep:
    If i'm completely honest you will need a foundation to get into BA, or some sort of art backing it's really hard to get in otherwise. It really helps aswell because you get told how to do portfolios how to layout sketchbooks, how to draw!, and most importantly you have other other students to help you excel further in your creativity. It's hard to do work without knowing what others are doing.

Also you say your cant illustrate, why not use some fashion templates you cna buy some from any art store they suually have books on fashion illustration (even though csm doesn't really like the use of them) if you cant draw its your best bet.

Portfolios wise we have A1 sheets around 20+ with 3+ A3 sketchbooks but it depends on how you work, some people just bring in in A2 sized portfolios.

ReputationRep:
    They only usually accept people who have done a foundation or diploma...some art/fashion background. A-levels don't really cut it many places these days.

I went for a portfolio review with an A2 folder, 1 A3 sketchbook, 2 separate folders with markmaking & life drawing (essential) and about 15 plastic sheets of work. I got through to an innerview with that. (Didn't get a place...was never going to).

Hope this helps people who have a review. They were extremely fast with the turn around of my application so maybe give them a call if its been a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hcivomistra)
    Kattlin7, I am sorry to hear you got rejected from Wesminster ( it's my second choice but it seems like it's hard to get in to. How did they assess your work? Did you have an interview? Did they even see your work?
    I just replied their questionare, my writing skills are maybe not the best, I do analyse and ... best while I'm talking or showing it visualy. So no interviews or anything... I don't care... so I wasn't suitable for them.
    I got conditional from Middlesex Uni for second year entry. so I'm still waiting my UCA Rochester replay.

good luck for others

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone- just wondering all the people who have got through the mini portfolio stage (im still waiting for a reply) for ba womenswear print/ba womenswear and were asked for an interview how is the day is set out.

-what happened on arrival/layout of the day- did they talk to you?
    -who interviewed you- what tutor?
    -how many other applicants were there?
    -from that how many were called back for a face to face interview?
    -and if you were called back:
    how long is the interview?
    what were the questions?
    what were the tutors like? and did they give any hint as to if you were successful or not?

Would be grateful to hear any feedback to the questions- just soo nervous- my heart almost stops every time I log onto track!

cheers R.

ReputationRep:
    They received my mini project yesterday, now waiting to hear from them. Hope it doesn't take long... It was actually a good exercise in working really fast to a deadline! I liked it i a way, apart from being really stressed at the end and having to wait for their decision!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have applied for BA Menswear and submitted my mini-project before the deadline in Feb.
    In March, as I did not have any news, I called them and spoke to the admission dept. The lady took my details and then came back to me saying that everything was ok with my application and they were in the process of looking at it.

After that the dept phone line went dead for a few weeks. I was giving up when today I decided to try and speak to them again.
    Here's the scary story:

at first they where surprised I haven't received a reply, but when they took my details and checked, they told me that they didn't received my mini-project!

After telling them that I personally handed in the project, they checked again and told me that I was supposed to submit TWO project and only sent one!
    I explained that my application for BA womenswear was unsuccessful and I was only invited to submit one for menswear...
    they checked again...

they came back and told me I sent the wrong project (womenswear) while I was supposed to submit the other one!

I told them I submitted MENSWEAR, that it was properly labeled on each page and the collection was clearly menswear!

PAUSE... they told me that they just came back from holiday and did not have time to look at any application yet, and I would hear back from them withing a week with an answer...

I replied some people have already received offers and they DID indeed process other applications...

they hang up...

I'm going on Friday and I will try to speak to someone. it seems to me they made a big mess with my application...

I'm just speechless.

If you haven't heard yet, give them a call

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.