Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    rich33, it's amazing! congratulations!

I just had an email to say that i didn't get in but they offer me a place on Foundation. The only problem is they seem to think that I am an international student (=international fees) as they wrote from the International Office. I wonder if they will withdraw their offer once I tell them that I apply as a home student? I will call them tomorrow to see what they say. I will though lose any respect for the place if they turn me once they know I will only pay home fees. Especially after they said "the tutors think your work has a lot of potential and would like to offer you a place on Foundation studies in art and design".

Has anyone else got the same offer??? Are you accepting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fashionistfix)
    I will included a mixture of work ranging from photography to sketches, paintings, moodboards, textile work. I think as long as you have enough work which reflects a range of different media's and shows creativity/skill then it should be fine.
    I've applied to CSM, I've also applied to UCA, LCF and Northumbria.
    Hii..so in which college did u end up?? I got an offer for Northumbria now preparing for csm ba fashion print...should i include many swatches and textile work in my portfolio for csm?? If you could advice me if would be great...N If you know anything regarding the course at northumbria please let me know...i am planning to go there if i dont get into csm..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich33)
    I got an unconditional offer from central saint martins! womenswear+print. good luck to everyone else!!
    Congrats...I want to apply for ba fashion print at csm...please give me some portfolio advice...should it be a complete fashion portfolio or some art and design elements also in it? Should i include my swatches and textile work in the portfolio? I have got an offer from Northumbria for ba fashion...If i dont get into csm then its northumbria..if you have any idea as to how the university is please let me know.

ReputationRep:
    I am at CSM. Advice on portfolio, mine had variety in it, they seemed to pick up on the art aspect. I am studying fashion. Its tough, you need balls, and money. Anyone going to do fashion at CSM start saving. Also it is essential to take the placement year, you will learn a lot on placement year and gain great contacts.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to CSM get used to the fact the organisation is quite horrific. be warned

QUOTE=Oc_uk;24942905]Hi Guys,

Just came back from CSM. I thought it would have been better to speak to them face to face...

Went to the Fashion office and explained I wanted to check and clear the situation regarding my application.
    The person responsible for it was out for lunch. I told them I would wait, they then told me that they don't really see people in person and told me to send an email as once the person was back from lunch she would have been busy interviewing (this goes back to the day before when they told me they haven't processed any application yet!)

It's only a general email so I asked them if anyone was going to actually reply to it, and their answer was that right now they are really busy so it may take some time...

It wasn't worth it explaining how important these applications are to us.
    Cut a long story short, I don't even know if they have my application or not and so far they are not bothered to check... very comforting.[/QUOTE]

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
University of the Arts London resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.