Turn on thread page Beta

dislike eye contact/straign at face when speaking watch

ReputationRep:
    I know this.
    Then I found my psycho gaze and now the others don't look in my eyes *awesome*

ReputationRep:
    Ah sorry I didn't notice the part about having some acne scars. But yeah Finnish people are renound for being shy and not making eye contact...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarfaced)
    i dont mean due to nerves or shyness or being scared etc

But does anyone else just hate eye contact

Like today soem girl was speaking with me and just staring at my face and eyes the whole tiem and talking for ages

I find this quite freaky and sort of rude?

When I speak with people for a long time rather than a brief sentence I will make gestures and look away or not continualy look at their eyes or face...It a bit intense

I just don tlike it

even famly members...I hate speaking wiht my mother or friends for long periods and looking at each other

One of my mates just stares in your eyes whilst you are speaking and he is spaeking its just freaky
    I get that too, I'm not shy or anything. I just don't like to look at other guys in the eye. I just can't, even if I try my eyes start looking at something beside them. But with girls its good.

ReputationRep:
    But its not just the eyes if your not looking at the eyes your looking at the face

tbh i feel its very rude looking at someones face and someone looking at my face unless its freind or family

As in at work you meet people or in shops and daily life and I feel its rude they are looking at me and rude looking at them

Its just freaky

So i usually wear a cap and lower my peak so they cant see my eyes and I dont really look at them at all.....

When I look at peoples face when they are talkign to me I look at there wrinkles, lines, marks, spots, hairs , hair line, thinning hair, freckles, moles etc....I just anyalse their face for imperfections

Such as a hot girl I was speakign with had a moustache and I was kinda revloteed but apart from that she was really hot

But I dont look at people and listen to waht they say I just analyse their face and skin and hair etc....

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when teaches look at you and in you eyes when they're teaching, I don't have a clue where to look or what to do. Also I have a coach who stands right up to you and talks in your face

ReputationRep:
    I always try to keep an eye contact and I like when people do the same otherwise I feel like they don't listen to me or they don't feel comfortable talking to me or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    I like keeping eye contact, looking into a girls eyes that you like is great when you're speaking to them.
    Why do we keep reading the same threads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    Why do we keep reading the same threads?
    Because we are twins seperated at birth? Maybe...:dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.