Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Computing work experience - I don't know where to start? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Year 12 now and I see all these people talking about how important work experience is essential/highly looked upon etc. so I decided to be slightly more proactive and look for some work experience somewhere but the problem is I really don't know where to start looking. :confused:

I want to do computing at uni so I want a relevant work experience placement but I really don't know where to go to look for some.

I was going to approach some web designing/programming companies in town but I just don't want to be some random 17 year old asking for work experience when they don't want to give any and I'm not even sure web designing/programming companies are the right thing to do for a computing degree course Besides, I'm not sure if they may ask for any programming experience (I have none :erm: ) so yeah, basically, I was hoping any of you may have any genius ideas?

Thanks if you reply

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.