The Student Room Group
Reply 1
for AQA? not too bad
I messed up on the cognitive approach to gender
and some short answer questions like conditions of worth and the debrief question
how did you find it?
i found research methods quite hard!
Reply 3
I found it a good paper, compared to what I was preparing myself to face haha. Only thing I screwed up on was Cognitive Approach to gender (I didnt know any but I wrote Schema and Kohlberg, so probably picked up 2/3 marks on it) and I couldnt think about conditions of worth.
You need 48? to get an A right? I hope I got it, or a B. I felt the paper went good. I would have walked over broken glass for Behaviourist approach, and there it was, so you can imagine my happiness :biggrin:
Reply 4
Tw1x
I found it a good paper, compared to what I was preparing myself to face haha. Only thing I screwed up on was Cognitive Approach to gender (I didnt know any but I wrote Schema and Kohlberg, so probably picked up 2/3 marks on it) and I couldnt think about conditions of worth.
You need 48? to get an A right? I hope I got it, or a B. I felt the paper went good. I would have walked over broken glass for Behaviourist approach, and there it was, so you can imagine my happiness :biggrin:

Glad you found it alright :smile: I agree - it was ok based on how difficult it was to revise everything lol I spent sooo long revising twin studies and adoption studies and they didn't come up, which I'm glad about actually lol and 48 seems alright :smile: so even if you didn't answer a 10 mark question you'd get an A :smile:
Reply 5
Tw1x

and what did you talk about in the behaviorist approach? I talked about Little Albert, Skinner and Pavlov and said the environment is the sole determinant of behavior.
Reply 6
Jono300
Glad you found it alright :smile: I agree - it was ok based on how difficult it was to revise everything lol I spent sooo long revising twin studies and adoption studies and they didn't come up, which I'm glad about actually lol and 48 seems alright :smile: so even if you didn't answer a 10 mark question you'd get an A :smile:

Hopefully, I think its 48 anyway - thats what I was told. My maths skills arent quite good enough to know these things. What dd you write for the debriefing thing? I was like 'WTF? :p: '
Reply 7
Described taht there were two groups and that it was an experimental groups design. Explained confidentiality and said that if they don't want me to use their results then I won't lol ha ha woops :P hopefully 3 marks out of 4
Reply 8
Haha i dont think I did too well in that, I forgot to mention confidentiality and lots of other stuff.
Reply 9
I found it more 'obscure' then mocks I had done, which I had found ok.....
What did people put for a characteristic which has come about to help a popluation as a result of evolution?
Reply 10
gypsyfeet
What did people put for a characteristic which has come about to help a popluation as a result of evolution?

I put the rooting reflex in babies :s-smilie:
Reply 11
ah me too! afterward, i thought it was something to do with sexual selection... so many questions I think i've cocked up o! :s-smilie:
Reply 12
I think the rooting reflex in babies is right as long as you explained that it's so babies turn their head to receive breast-milk to survive - I learnt it as an evolutionary characteristic from my teacher - so who knows lol.
Reply 13
gypsyfeet

I wrote about brightly colored plumages on males, so sexual reproduction.
You could give either I think

Latest

Trending

Trending