Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey how did everyone find the psychology as exam for Specification B on wednesday jan 13th?

ReputationRep:
    for AQA? not too bad
    I messed up on the cognitive approach to gender
    and some short answer questions like conditions of worth and the debrief question
    how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    i found research methods quite hard!

ReputationRep:
    I found it a good paper, compared to what I was preparing myself to face haha. Only thing I screwed up on was Cognitive Approach to gender (I didnt know any but I wrote Schema and Kohlberg, so probably picked up 2/3 marks on it) and I couldnt think about conditions of worth.
    You need 48? to get an A right? I hope I got it, or a B. I felt the paper went good. I would have walked over broken glass for Behaviourist approach, and there it was, so you can imagine my happiness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    I found it a good paper, compared to what I was preparing myself to face haha. Only thing I screwed up on was Cognitive Approach to gender (I didnt know any but I wrote Schema and Kohlberg, so probably picked up 2/3 marks on it) and I couldnt think about conditions of worth.
    You need 48? to get an A right? I hope I got it, or a B. I felt the paper went good. I would have walked over broken glass for Behaviourist approach, and there it was, so you can imagine my happiness
    Glad you found it alright I agree - it was ok based on how difficult it was to revise everything lol I spent sooo long revising twin studies and adoption studies and they didn't come up, which I'm glad about actually lol and 48 seems alright so even if you didn't answer a 10 mark question you'd get an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tw1x)
    and what did you talk about in the behaviorist approach? I talked about Little Albert, Skinner and Pavlov and said the environment is the sole determinant of behavior.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jono300)
    Glad you found it alright I agree - it was ok based on how difficult it was to revise everything lol I spent sooo long revising twin studies and adoption studies and they didn't come up, which I'm glad about actually lol and 48 seems alright so even if you didn't answer a 10 mark question you'd get an A
    Hopefully, I think its 48 anyway - thats what I was told. My maths skills arent quite good enough to know these things. What dd you write for the debriefing thing? I was like 'WTF? :p: '

ReputationRep:
    Described taht there were two groups and that it was an experimental groups design. Explained confidentiality and said that if they don't want me to use their results then I won't lol ha ha woops :P hopefully 3 marks out of 4

ReputationRep:
    Haha i dont think I did too well in that, I forgot to mention confidentiality and lots of other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I found it more 'obscure' then mocks I had done, which I had found ok.....
    What did people put for a characteristic which has come about to help a popluation as a result of evolution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gypsyfeet)
    What did people put for a characteristic which has come about to help a popluation as a result of evolution?
    I put the rooting reflex in babies

ReputationRep:
    ah me too! afterward, i thought it was something to do with sexual selection... so many questions I think i've cocked up o!

ReputationRep:
    I think the rooting reflex in babies is right as long as you explained that it's so babies turn their head to receive breast-milk to survive - I learnt it as an evolutionary characteristic from my teacher - so who knows lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gypsyfeet)
    I wrote about brightly colored plumages on males, so sexual reproduction.
    You could give either I think

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.