Turn on thread page Beta

Girls. Mans man or shopping buddy? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so this is me..

I'm not the most manly 18 year old you will ever meet. I'm straight, totally straight but at times can act a little camp. I mean i don't walk gay, talk gay I can just be a little...bubbly at times. (when i say camp i'm not like all dramatic and flaying arms etc I mean in the things i say. its probably not the right word to use).

I like things like shopping, twilight (yeh i know) and a certain pop-punk band that girls go crazy for (not so much in the uk). I also care very much about how i look and i'm quite self-conscious - I have a killer dress sense (my modesty called in sick again).

The other day I was with friends and a cat ran across the street and without thinking i said: "awww look at the cat" and my friends were like: "man up ffs".

Saying that I absolutely live for football!

So i was wondering if girls would ever go for a guy like this or do they prefer a proper 'bloke'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    Hey, so this is me..

I'm not the most manly 18 year old you will ever meet. I'm straight, totally straight but at times can act a little camp. I mean i don't walk gay, talk gay I can just be a little...bubbly at times.

I like things like shopping, twilight (yeh i know) and a certain pop-punk band that girls go crazy for (not so much in the uk). I also care very much about how i look and i'm quite self-conscious - I have a killer dress sense (my modesty called in sick again).

The other day I was with friends and a cat ran across the street and without thinking i said: "awww look at the cat" and my friends were like: "man up ffs".

So i was wondering if girls would ever go for a guy like this or do they prefer a proper 'bloke'?
    Could have written that myself! Which band incidently? All time low? Boys Like Girls?
    Tbh, I'm probably a bit more 'gay'. I.e. whiten teeth, straighten hair etccccc

Anyway lol - yeah different strokes and all that - some girls will reject you cos your not laddish enough and others will accept you 'cos your more fun and bubbly. My girlfriend hates 'blokes and lads'.

ReputationRep:
    Wow you sound just like someone I know, girls always used to say he would make a good husband

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so this is me..

I'm not the most manly 18 year old you will ever meet. I'm straight, totally straight but at times can act a little camp. I mean i don't walk gay, talk gay I can just be a little...bubbly at times. (when i say camp i'm not like all dramatic and flaying arms etc I mean in the things i say. its probably not the right word to use).

aw thats cute!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so this is me..

You sound really sweet

My boyfriend is like you too, apart from the Twilight part. He goes all soppy over weddings and babies and is a ***** about other people's dress sense.

I don't see the connection in Twilight and football? How can a person possibly 'like' both? They are like polar opposites. You either like one or the other.

ReputationRep:
    While I'm not a massive fan of 'blokish' men, I don't want a boyfriend who's more feminine than me.

You sound more feminine than me.

ReputationRep:
    A bit of both is a good mix. I've grown up in a house where the men only go shopping once a year and have no style or sense of what is socially appropriate. As a result I'd like someone I date to be able to go out wearing clothes that fit and who can make proper conversation other than work, sports and punching each other.

ReputationRep:
    i'd much prefer someone who is a bit feminine, i think a lot of girls like men that they can have similarities with, but not more feminine than themselves.

ReputationRep:
    well, i would go for a guy like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadly Lightshade)
    While I'm not a massive fan of 'blokish' men, I don't want a boyfriend who's more feminine than me.

You sound more feminine than me.
    Maybe you're just mannish?

OP, you should find a 'fag hag' who also wants what can't (or rather won't) be received from a gay man. If you know any effeminate gay men then ask them to introduce you to their female friends.

ReputationRep:
    You're the guy who will either get friend zoned or cheated on.
    You need to be way more aggressive/assertive when it comes to attracting women and atm you just sound like you would be needy/pussy on the pedestal.

Oh and the majority of girls will say they would date you because you appear a 'nice guy', but in actuality we know women don't know what they want and generally would take an alpha male over a beta male most times.
    Manly man > camp man 100%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silliva)
    Could have written that myself! Which band incidently? All time low? Boys Like Girls?
    Tbh, I'm probably a bit more 'gay'. I.e. whiten teeth, straighten hair etccccc

Anyway lol - yeah different strokes and all that - some girls will reject you cos your not laddish enough and others will accept you 'cos your more fun and bubbly. My girlfriend hates 'blokes and lads'.
    I like All Time Low and I'm considering whitening my teeth...:shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Nah dude i know loads of people like that (albeit none of them have a gf lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    I like All Time Low and I'm considering whitening my teeth...:shifty:
    OMG the band is not all time low, its a band so much more awesome. I even put a clue in the piece i wrote (think brackets).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    You're the guy who will either get friend zoned or cheated on.
    You need to be way more aggressive/assertive when it comes to attracting women and atm you just sound like you would be needy/pussy on the pedestal.

Oh and the majority of girls will say they would date you because you appear a 'nice guy', but in actuality we know women don't know what they want and generally would take an alpha male over a beta male most times.
    Manly man > camp man 100%
    Well maybe in terms of gettin loads of one night stands at clubs etc.. but i think i am more morally just and someone would appreciate that.

ReputationRep:
    Awww! You sound cute.

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe in terms of gettin loads of one night stands at clubs etc.. but i think i am more morally just and someone would appreciate that.
    Yep you sound like me actually, I hate shopping though.

I do sometimes think I'm too sensitive or "nice", but I can't help it...it's my nature.

ReputationRep:
    OMG the band is not all time low, its a band so much more awesome. I even put a clue in the piece i wrote (think brackets).
    Is it Paramore?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so this is me..

Another guy here that could have written that. Especially the part about Twilight. And I'm with the other guy on the straightening hair part, and I care about my appearance. I just got back from Toni&Guy and having everything done I wanted to my hair cost me £50. My male friends thing i'm stupid for spending that on a salon ¬.¬

And yet i'm entirely straight. And I love shopping.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.