Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls. Mans man or shopping buddy? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so this is me..

I'm not the most manly 18 year old you will ever meet. I'm straight, totally straight but at times can act a little camp. I mean i don't walk gay, talk gay I can just be a little...bubbly at times. (when i say camp i'm not like all dramatic and flaying arms etc I mean in the things i say. its probably not the right word to use).

I like things like shopping, twilight (yeh i know) and a certain pop-punk band that girls go crazy for (not so much in the uk). I also care very much about how i look and i'm quite self-conscious - I have a killer dress sense (my modesty called in sick again).

The other day I was with friends and a cat ran across the street and without thinking i said: "awww look at the cat" and my friends were like: "man up ffs".

Saying that I absolutely live for football!

So i was wondering if girls would ever go for a guy like this or do they prefer a proper 'bloke'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    Hey, so this is me..

I'm not the most manly 18 year old you will ever meet. I'm straight, totally straight but at times can act a little camp. I mean i don't walk gay, talk gay I can just be a little...bubbly at times.

I like things like shopping, twilight (yeh i know) and a certain pop-punk band that girls go crazy for (not so much in the uk). I also care very much about how i look and i'm quite self-conscious - I have a killer dress sense (my modesty called in sick again).

The other day I was with friends and a cat ran across the street and without thinking i said: "awww look at the cat" and my friends were like: "man up ffs".

So i was wondering if girls would ever go for a guy like this or do they prefer a proper 'bloke'?
    Could have written that myself! Which band incidently? All time low? Boys Like Girls?
    Tbh, I'm probably a bit more 'gay'. I.e. whiten teeth, straighten hair etccccc

Anyway lol - yeah different strokes and all that - some girls will reject you cos your not laddish enough and others will accept you 'cos your more fun and bubbly. My girlfriend hates 'blokes and lads'.

ReputationRep:
    Wow you sound just like someone I know, girls always used to say he would make a good husband

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so this is me..

I'm not the most manly 18 year old you will ever meet. I'm straight, totally straight but at times can act a little camp. I mean i don't walk gay, talk gay I can just be a little...bubbly at times. (when i say camp i'm not like all dramatic and flaying arms etc I mean in the things i say. its probably not the right word to use).

aw thats cute!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so this is me..

You sound really sweet

My boyfriend is like you too, apart from the Twilight part. He goes all soppy over weddings and babies and is a ***** about other people's dress sense.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the connection in Twilight and football? How can a person possibly 'like' both? They are like polar opposites. You either like one or the other.

ReputationRep:
    While I'm not a massive fan of 'blokish' men, I don't want a boyfriend who's more feminine than me.

You sound more feminine than me.

ReputationRep:
    A bit of both is a good mix. I've grown up in a house where the men only go shopping once a year and have no style or sense of what is socially appropriate. As a result I'd like someone I date to be able to go out wearing clothes that fit and who can make proper conversation other than work, sports and punching each other.

ReputationRep:
    i'd much prefer someone who is a bit feminine, i think a lot of girls like men that they can have similarities with, but not more feminine than themselves.

ReputationRep:
    well, i would go for a guy like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadly Lightshade)
    While I'm not a massive fan of 'blokish' men, I don't want a boyfriend who's more feminine than me.

You sound more feminine than me.
    Maybe you're just mannish?

OP, you should find a 'fag hag' who also wants what can't (or rather won't) be received from a gay man. If you know any effeminate gay men then ask them to introduce you to their female friends.

ReputationRep:
    You're the guy who will either get friend zoned or cheated on.
    You need to be way more aggressive/assertive when it comes to attracting women and atm you just sound like you would be needy/pussy on the pedestal.

Oh and the majority of girls will say they would date you because you appear a 'nice guy', but in actuality we know women don't know what they want and generally would take an alpha male over a beta male most times.
    Manly man > camp man 100%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silliva)
    Could have written that myself! Which band incidently? All time low? Boys Like Girls?
    Tbh, I'm probably a bit more 'gay'. I.e. whiten teeth, straighten hair etccccc

Anyway lol - yeah different strokes and all that - some girls will reject you cos your not laddish enough and others will accept you 'cos your more fun and bubbly. My girlfriend hates 'blokes and lads'.
    I like All Time Low and I'm considering whitening my teeth...:shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Nah dude i know loads of people like that (albeit none of them have a gf lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    I like All Time Low and I'm considering whitening my teeth...:shifty:
    OMG the band is not all time low, its a band so much more awesome. I even put a clue in the piece i wrote (think brackets).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    You're the guy who will either get friend zoned or cheated on.
    You need to be way more aggressive/assertive when it comes to attracting women and atm you just sound like you would be needy/pussy on the pedestal.

Oh and the majority of girls will say they would date you because you appear a 'nice guy', but in actuality we know women don't know what they want and generally would take an alpha male over a beta male most times.
    Manly man > camp man 100%
    Well maybe in terms of gettin loads of one night stands at clubs etc.. but i think i am more morally just and someone would appreciate that.

ReputationRep:
    Awww! You sound cute.

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe in terms of gettin loads of one night stands at clubs etc.. but i think i am more morally just and someone would appreciate that.
    Yep you sound like me actually, I hate shopping though.

I do sometimes think I'm too sensitive or "nice", but I can't help it...it's my nature.

ReputationRep:
    OMG the band is not all time low, its a band so much more awesome. I even put a clue in the piece i wrote (think brackets).
    Is it Paramore?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so this is me..

Another guy here that could have written that. Especially the part about Twilight. And I'm with the other guy on the straightening hair part, and I care about my appearance. I just got back from Toni&Guy and having everything done I wanted to my hair cost me £50. My male friends thing i'm stupid for spending that on a salon ¬.¬

And yet i'm entirely straight. And I love shopping.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.