The Student Room Group

bigger tits and clearer skin?

2 of my friends said that going on the pill was really good because it made their boobs grow loads (one friend said she was wearing an A, went on the pill, got measured as a D) and also apparently skin cleared up. i don't have loads of spots but sometimes i get a few that i'd rather live without.

is going on the pill worth it for these reasons - or do the side effects outweigh the benefits? and in your experience do you actually get bigger boobs and clearer skin?

Scroll to see replies

I don't believe there is any scientific evidence for that.
Well, the first one I went on (Microgynon) made my boobs bigger (and the rest of me got fatter too :sad:) and made my previously nice skin go awful. The second (Dianette) cleared up my skin and my 'bigger boobs' stayed.

You might have to go through a few different pills to find one that works for you, and even then it's not guaranteed that you'll get bigger boobs or nice skin, and even less likely you'll get both at the same time imo :p:
Reply 3
Never really had skin problems but both of the pills I've been on have never done a thing to make my boobs bigger and I'm an A cup.
Reply 4
Aren't the pills just a big blast of woman hormones? So in theory they do have a chance of making your boobs grow and i think oestrogen gives clearer skin. I'm going off of an episode of House i watched once with the "perfect woman" when she had no testosterone or something like that.
I've never been on the pill and I have clear skin and big tits.

I defy logic.
Reply 6
low self esteem much?
Reply 7
Bubbles*de*Milo

I defy logic.

marry me. :rolleyes:

remember me, bubbles? I sent you the archived thread that was about you ages ago when you wanted to know what people had said about you
Pickford
Aren't the pills just a big blast of woman hormones? So in theory they do have a chance of making your boobs grow and i think oestrogen gives clearer skin. I'm going off of an episode of House i watched once with the "perfect woman" when she had no testosterone or something like that.

Lol watched today and 'she' was all oestrogen, no testosterone because 'she' was XY and 'her' 'ovaries' were undescended testicles.

OP you can get these advantages but theres no guarantee and the odds arent even favourable, there are also lots of disadvantages/side effects to the pill. Dont take a drug to change your body when you dont even get that many spots.

IMO you shouldnt do it but also in my experience I am on Dianette and my spots have improved brilliantly but it doesnt mean theyre totally gone (probs the same amount you have now) and Ive gone up one cup size but there are other circumstances that may have changed this.
Reply 9
Bubbles*de*Milo

I defy logic.

pics or.. you know the rest
My boobs grew when I went on Microgynon (not 3 sizes...thank God) I just went from a D to a DD/E but I don't know whether that was just natural growth tbh because I went on the pill just before I turned 15 for heavy periods.

I'd say its made my skin worse, if anything... although I'm not sure whether I'd bother going on the pill just to make my boobs bigger, work with what you've got :smile:
Reply 11
Bubbles*de*Milo

I defy logic.

They're not mutually exclusive :rolleyes:

It varies from girl to girl, my current gf got all spotty when she took the pill, she also became a moody bitch so that doesn't help either
Reply 12
Of the Standard of Taste
I don't believe there is any scientific evidence for that.

Sorry to disappoint you but you are wrong AFAIK

I had acne and I went to a doctor about it and he gave me these really strong pills which basically kill you skin. They were crap and they didn't do **** except make my lips fall off (not really but they pealed loads, really manky). I went off it cause it sucked.

The next treatment up I could have had was going on the pill. Sadly for me and my skin I am a guy and I don't want boobs amongst other things. The pill is just a mix of certain female hormones which induce some mechanism or whatever too early so you can't get pregnant. I don't know how it clears skin, but it does. And being a female hormone it will most likely help with breast development.
Reply 13
I got clearer skin but my boobs stayed the same size.
a_t
They're not mutually exclusive :rolleyes:

Wut? No wai! :eyebrow:
The pill messes up your hormones and is different to the individual. Some people gain/lose weight, get better/worse skin.
HyperGiant
Sorry to disappoint you but you are wrong AFAIK

I had acne and I went to a doctor about it and he gave me these really strong pills which basically kill you skin. They were crap and they didn't do **** except make my lips fall off (not really but they pealed loads, really manky). I went off it cause it sucked.

The next treatment up I could have had was going on the pill. Sadly for me and my skin I am a guy and I don't want boobs amongst other things. The pill is just a mix of certain female hormones which induce some mechanism or whatever too early so you can't get pregnant. I don't know how it clears skin, but it does. And being a female hormone it will most likely help with breast development.

You've described a hypothesis and a correlation.

I'm talking about hardcore fully replicated scientific evidence.
Reply 17
I've got really clear skin because I drink loads of water and huge boobs because I drink too much Stella. It doesn't look good on a bloke like me though.
Reply 18
Of the Standard of Taste
You've described a hypothesis and a correlation.

I'm talking about hardcore fully replicated scientific evidence.

All I'm saying is medicine is a science, and why would the pill be a treatment for acne if there was no evidence to suggest it helped clear skin??
Reply 19
Lol, the pill gave me migraines, depression and a stroke risk.

Turns out I'm intolerant to estrogen. Who knew :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending