Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cried at work in front of my boss. watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it. All of my work colleagues treat me as the baby there, since I'm the youngest. This crazy customer once yelled at me in front of a whole queue of people and I burst into tears. My boss and other colleagues just gave me a cuddle and let me work in the backroom for a few hours.

It's not your fault if you're depressive/anxious, everyone has off days and crying isn't anything to be ashamed about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    your sig is awesome
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How embarrassing. Long story cut short: depression..emotional periods sometimes very emotional..today was one of those days...made a foo- foo at work...hauled into office and given a talking to...got upset and cried..still upset now but also angry with myself for being so childish.

I'm just very diligent at work (well I thought I was) and making mistakes makes me look incompetent. He also brought up a few other things which I thought was showing good customer service. ah I';m just too damn helpful and nice.

This is after a few bullying comments from him (for the past while) but the guy wrote me a good reference so :dontknow:
    :mad:

That's abit icky. But really don't worry about it, I have similar issues and have off-days too; we're humans, not robots!

Though, to be optimistic, I suppose he might realise how well you do really matters to you, which is a good trait in an employee.

(Original post by truthandtragedy)
    Don't worry about it. All of my work colleagues treat me as the baby there, since I'm the youngest. This crazy customer once yelled at me in front of a whole queue of people and I burst into tears. My boss and other colleagues just gave me a cuddle and let me work in the backroom for a few hours.

It's not your fault if you're depressive/anxious, everyone has off days and crying isn't anything to be ashamed about.
    that customer sounds really mean! :hugs: I've cried because of customers so many times, recently got yelled at for something that wasn't my fault

The thing is, even though I've been at work since the boss incident and the atmosphere isn't too bad, I'm constantly REALLY scared that I've done something wrong/ am going to get pulled up about it. The fact that I didn't even realise I had made the mistake I made until they pointed it out (that I cried about) makes it even worse!

arghhh anxiety overload

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.