Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How accurate are GCSE predicted grades normally? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So it's looking they're generally too low? yay... Not that I'm getting complacent or anything - seriously if you saw my stressing about my Eng cw you would not think I was!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    So it's looking they're generally too low? yay... Not that I'm getting complacent or anything - seriously if you saw my stressing about my Eng cw you would not think I was!!
    Yeah I think that's true, I think the teacher's don't want to give students false hope! Just do your best and your own way and ignore the predicted grades

ReputationRep:
    I was underestimated in all 12 of my initial predicted grades. I was overestimated in 5 of my amended predicted grades.

All in all, they're a rough guideline. Give or take two grades either way.

ReputationRep:
    Here's yet another opportunity for people on TSR to further inflate their egos. Good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    My teachers disliked and was totally biased just because my 'mock gcse' were a failure...

but they all under predicted by 2 grades..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Here's yet another opportunity for people on TSR to further inflate their egos. Good stuff.
    Hey, sorry! But really - if you try hard enough, anything can be an opportunity! :rolleyes: Though, if you look at everyone's sigs it can give you enough "oh crap I'm failing in comparison to them"s to really deflate yours a bit...

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted BBBBBBBBBBC, but got A*A*A*AAAAAABB

ReputationRep:
    Mine were almost exactly the same as my achieved grades (see profile if you care).

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted 13A*s and achieved 12A*s 1A, so fairly accurate in my school, as most people achieved around what they were predicted

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's predictions can sometimes be accurate but it mostly depends on yourself. If your willing to prove your teachers wrong, and work really hard then you can most defientely get all A*s and A's. For example i was predicted a C in RE but got an A* in my mocks. so it really depends on what you do

ReputationRep:
    My Year 10 Predicted Grades - Autumn to Spring Term

Maths - C to B
    English (Lit & Lan) - B (however, this is not really my current level but the predicted grade for my overall grade at the end of year)
    Science (Double Award) - C to B
    IT - B
    R.E (Short) - C
    R.E (Full) - C to A
    Modern World History - B
    Graphics - B
    German - C

I'd say it's pretty accurate but I know my own grade better as I monitor my progress accurately with - + added.

I'd say I am currently at:

Maths - C+/B-
    English (Lit & Lan) - C+/B-
    Science (Double Award) - B+/A-
    IT - B+/A-
    R.E (Short) - B+/A-
    R.E (Full) - A+/A*
    Modern World History - B+/A-
    Graphics - C+/B-
    German - C+/B-

Not the best of grades. I do work hard and complete all my cwk/hwk but I don't revise for exams or anything. I plan to work my arse off during the summer holiday's to prove some of those teachers wrong.

Luckily, I only got 3 science exams, 1 graphics exam and 1 german exam this summer.

ReputationRep:
    This is extremely subjective. The accuracy is all down to the teachers and the student's academic skill level.

ReputationRep:
    lol dont watch what your teachers predict you..im predicting 1A* and rest all A's BUT i overviewed my progrees while dpoing my revision and saw that im aiming for actually 11A* or 10A* and 1A so yh..dont even look back at your predictions..its just the thoughts of your teachers..not your actual potential..i hope to get my predicted 11A* or 10 A* this agust..wish me luck guys (YN)

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to predict.. The best I'm betting at is A* for Maths - can't be too sure about any other subjects, but I will be SO damn pissed if they don't give me A* for art because not only did I hand draw everything myself (everyone else traced more or less), I basically had to sacrifice my whole Easter holiday at school doing those prep sheets!

And English...I will never understand it. my teacher goes on about how great this person's essays are and I read them, and I think they're BS. I guess it really comes up to the examiner's taste?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    Just wondering. Mine are starting to flow in atm:eek: , so how accurate do you think they are?:confused: Are they normally too optimistic:p: - higher than what you actually get - or worse? How did your predicted grades differ from your actual grades? Any current year 10s - mind sharing what your predicted grades are?:cool:
    to be hoenst not very. usuallye veryone always gets a lot higher than expected FACT

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted 2A* 8A's and a B and Im currently in Year 10 which I would be thrilled at the end of the day, but all the subjects have been decided by the mark we got in our end of Year 9 Exams which i dossed of and practically put in any effort.

I cant see what use predicted grades are tbh apart from either getting hopes up and adding to compleciency or devestating pupils and making them think they're thick.

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted AAAABBBBBBBB, I got A*AAAAAABBBBC. So not toooo innacurate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.