Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

what does this mean and imply? does he just want sex or what? watch

ReputationRep:
    hello, i added this guy on facebook the other day who my friend knows vaguely and he messaged me saying thanks for the add etc and then one thing led to another and he said..
    'so, are you interested ? '
    it was quite abrupt, straight to the point, i avoided the question but he asked again, i said yeah cos he is really nice hot etc then he asked when was i free we arranged a date etc
    but what does 'are you interested' mean exactly? i mean, i dont want him to think im going to sleep with him or something, atleast not right now. . i dont want to give him the wrong idea.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if your friend only vaguely knows him, and you don't at all, I hardly think he's going to want a relationship with you.

Sounds like he just wants a shag to me. Alternatively, he might just want to know why you semi-randomly added him, and wants to know if it was because you fancied him.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1150892

ReputationRep:
    I think with that you can't really tell. Possibly though.
    If I were you I would make it clear to him that he isn't getting nothing on the first date. If he is straight talking then I think he might appreciate if you are too. Ask him if he understands that you won't sleep with him the first time. Then you should get more of an idea if he wants a loving deep relationship of not.

On a side note, he sounds pretty arrogant.

Anyway, go out, see what he is like. If you like him then all is well, if you don't, simply lead him on and castrate him ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Oh, come off it :indiff: This isn't the same thing at all.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a bit of a cocky ****.
    And yeah, it sounds like he's after sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Oh, come off it :indiff: This isn't the same thing at all.
    She is being wary which is good, and not generalising.

If some girl told me she wasn't going to have sex with me on the first date I would be offended by her arrogance. Wary is good, arrogance isn't.

ReputationRep:
    So a girl is arrogant for not wanting to have sex?

ReputationRep:
    ^ No, a girl is arrogant for assuming it's what is wanted of her.

And I don't know if he's after sex or not (who does?)
    But he was probably just saying "are you interested" because you added him pretty randomly as if you fancied him - something must have drawn you to his profile right?

ReputationRep:
    to me it sounds like he is saying are u interested - meaning so do u like the look of me!!

however it could be tht he does just want for sex....but time will tell...x

ReputationRep:
    i guess i'd think it just means simply that are you interested in going on a date with him, rather than an instinctive leap to think he's after sex right away. i would act as if he just means meeting up rather than something more forward.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just give him a chance to get to know him. Not all guys are just after sex you know.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.