Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dont think there are many people on this board. But for those of us who are, how have you been preparing for monday? and which poetry selection/drama text are you doing? any good revision books/websites you could recommend?

and g'luck for monday

ReputationRep:
    I am doing it. I find the poetry section straightforward and it takes me a day to familiarize myself with the poems. I hate the novels though! I am most likely gonna mess that up, by no means, i will try the 'chat ********' way which nearly always garantees victories in English =D

I don't think there are revision websites nor books, especially since this is English and a new sylabus. =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M. M)
    I am doing it. I find the poetry section straightforward and it takes me a day to familiarize myself with the poems. I hate the novels though! I am most likely gonna mess that up, by no means, i will try the 'chat ********' way which nearly always garantees victories in English =D

I don't think there are revision websites nor books, especially since this is English and a new sylabus. =(
    haha yeah, I used that 'crap talk' trick for gcse and it worked very well. don't think it will work too well for a-level though, sadly. I dont like the poems we're doing (Philip Larkin) dont mind the drama text though. which poems are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh finally other people on this exam board! Am dreading the exam, really, I am studying Arcadia and still don't understand it.

ReputationRep:
    WJEC English Lit is the easiest subject by a mile. I got a C in my coursework for it on my GCSE results day I was praying I would get a C init. I opened the envelope aand it was an A. Lots of people who are not very smart in my school only passed Eng Lit because it is just so easy. Are you doing Of Mice And Men and An Inspector Calls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ......)
    haha yeah, I used that 'crap talk' trick for gcse and it worked very well. don't think it will work too well for a-level though, sadly. I dont like the poems we're doing (Philip Larkin) dont mind the drama text though. which poems are you doing?
    OMG! Im so sorry, i made a mistake. i am not doing this exam. i am doing lang&lit - on the same day though. we study 25 poems and compare it with an unseen text. also, we analyse abstracts from two novels! not the most exciting books!

Sorry, and wish u the very best with ur exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M. M)
    OMG! Im so sorry, i made a mistake. i am not doing this exam. i am doing lang&lit - on the same day though. we study 25 poems and compare it with an unseen text. also, we analyse abstracts from two novels! not the most exciting books!

Sorry, and wish u the very best with ur exam!
    LOL dont worry about it

thanks and good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    Dammit it was hard! Who did Broken Glass here??

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.