Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How big is the jump from unit 1 to unit 2 (AS level) - bio,chem,math+psychology watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How big is the jump from unit 1 to unit 2 (AS level) - bio,chem,math+psychology

Biology - OCR
    Chemistry, Maths and Psychology - Edexcel

In terms of amount of hours spent revising per day/week, amount need to revise near exam times, revision techniques, difficulty in understanding concepts, difficulty in memorizing information, differences in the way the exam questions are (apart from change of topic)

Thanks
    Would prefer it if you could post only if you've done the same subjects in the same exam boards (+ if possible new spec) but others who have done the subjects on other exam boards can comment to Will appreciate any posts

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I did ocr biology lsat year...
    For unit one, although the information content was smaller than unit two - i ended up with a 'b' in unit 1 and a high 'a' in unit two..... I think its alot to do with topics you enjoy
    im not exactly a good reviser, however if you lyk certaian topics u do betta at them... and i enjoyed unit 2 much more....

pple may disagree with me - i found unit 1 harder to learn.... unit 2 easier
    but no dought about it - unit 2 has tonnes more information in it than unit 1.....

hope dat helped...
    )))

ReputationRep:
    mmmmmmmmmm around ten feet or so

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your helpful posts Midi4321 and Pheylan

Would appreciate posts from other people too Thanks

ReputationRep:
    bump.. anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    There is no jump.

ReputationRep:
    OCR Biology AS-er here. xD I remember that I found unit 1 fairly easy. But now I can't rember unit 2. Hold on a sec. Oh, Exchange and Transport. Ugh, transpiration. >< Other than that evil evil bit of plant stuff, nothing -really- challenging. If there is a jump, it comes at A2. And thenthe only thing that it's hard to understand for me (as opposed to just ... haven't revised enough) is photosynthesis.

Hm. I don't like plant biology, it appears.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for those who posting Helpful
    Any more posts appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel Maths: C1, C2, S1, M1, D1 I guess are all the maths AS modules. C1 is GCSE with some extras, C2 is similar but there starts to be "new stuff", or newer stuff. I found C2 more fun. S1, D1 are simple enough, though could be tricky if you really can't be bothered to do monotonous tasks (I mean that seriously: I could barely do it myself for this reason). M1 is by far the best AS module, but probably also the hardest because it's rather different to, well, anything else (I mean so is D1 but a computer could do the stuff in that /irony).

I did AQA Chemistry, and there was a bump up at Unit 2 because suddenly mechanisms, etc. become a thing. More to learn.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, thanks for your post Please carry on posting, people

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.