Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Me and 7 friends are looking to go on holiday in August this year, and would like some opinions on where the best places to go are. We've narrowed it down to Ayia Napa and Ibiza, which one would be the better option for us? All of us are either 18 or 19.

I know this is probably not the best place to ask this question, but nevertheless I would like some opinions from people who have been to both places before.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'll go for Ibiza!!!

ReputationRep:
    Go to Magalouf or Marbella or somewhere like that.

And why don't you all get matching t-shirts, each one with your nicknames printed on the back.
    And when you are about to fly out from Stanstead at 6am, you'll be in the bar downing your first pint of Stella.

Always a joy to see when at airports.

ReputationRep:
    Magaluf looks like a ******** / STIhole. The girls all look easy (read MINGING).

Choose Ibiza. I would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Go to Magalouf or Marbella or somewhere like that.

And why don't you all get matching t-shirts, each one with your nicknames printed on the back.
    And when you are about to fly out from Stanstead at 6am, you'll be in the bar downing your first pint of Stella.

Always a joy to see when at airports.
    Thanks for that, answered my question perfectly.

Why post if you have nothing relevant to add?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FretFul)
    Thanks for that, answered my question perfectly.

Why post if you have nothing relevant to add?
    It is relevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    It is relevant.
    In what way is it relevant to the question I asked? Stop trying to be clever and get off my topic.

ReputationRep:
    In what way is it relevant to the question I asked?
    It is relevant even if it didn't answer your question because it's on topic. It's an observation of many lad's holidays, a comical observation if you will.

Stop trying to be clever and get off my topic.
    :lol:
    It's not your topic.

ReputationRep:
    Ayia Napa. Without question Ibiza is the best but i'll be honest and say I think you are better leaving it until you are older (21 ish). It is pretty dear and for 1 week in Ibiza you are looking at the same price as 2 weeks in Napa. Napa is tremendous aswell and if it is your first lads holiday you will have a great time. I'd reccomend Tsokos Hotel aswell if you were going.

ReputationRep:
    10 of us are going to Ibiza this July. We're staying in San Antonio Bay for a week, should be good! Don't think too much about it, book it while the prices are still relatively cheap.

ReputationRep:
    i'd say between your choices go to Ibiza, as loads of people there speak English and it is a great place to go for lads your age

ReputationRep:
    I know its not an option and I'm guessing you're after the whole beach/booze/babes experience, but I'd recomend Poland for a lads holiday. Great value, goregous accents and women, decent bars of all kinds, downside is theres no beach and depending on where you go if you're going as "lads" of the kind described in an earlier post, the locals can give you funny looks. We went to Wroclaw for the weekend for a stag do, it was amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil2wkd)
    I know its not an option and I'm guessing you're after the whole beach/booze/babes experience, but I'd recomend Poland for a lads holiday. Great value, goregous accents and women, decent bars of all kinds, downside is theres no beach and depending on where you go if you're going as "lads" of the kind described in an earlier post, the locals can give you funny looks. We went to Wroclaw for the weekend for a stag do, it was amazing.
    I can understand Poland, but when I went Wroclaw a few years back, it didnt exactly seem like the party capital of Europe?

ReputationRep:
    True, its probably not what the OP was looking for, but it was a fantastic time, wasn't too commercial or anything. Admittedly, it did take us two hours to find the strip club...

ReputationRep:
    In what way is it relevant to the question I asked? Stop trying to be clever and get off my topic.
    Wow what a massive douche bag jesus christ

ReputationRep:
    Anyway gonna try and hi-jack this, what hotels would people recommend in Ibiza? I was quoted for Marco Polo II but from reviews that looks like dog**** so what hotels are decent from people who have been? San An area.

ReputationRep:
    Ibiza!! I went last year with my friends and we're going again this summer. It's brilliant

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to say Student Brake Away, perfect for young guys partying, and girls, this years lineup and route is soooo good

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.