The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it was well hard! I was doing it as a re-take and i found it harder than before. It had stuff in it that we never had to learn last year so i thought that was a tad unfair!!!
Reply 2
I found it ok but made stupid mistakes that I looked backed on. What do you think the grade bounderies will be?
I think i did good, has anyone by any chance got the exam paper so we can run through it and find the right answers?
That was the worst exam, I've ever had the misfortune to sit, srsly.
EPIC FAIL
Reply 5
I seriously messed up on the last page regarding electrophilic addition. I honestly knew it but I produced a dichloroethane and forgot what reagents mean (I'm an absolute tard).
Reply 6
I thought it was okay. And comparing to june (this was a retake) I thought it was quite a bit easier... and the 15 extra mins deff helped!
lol, I made soo many stupid mistakes....but I daresay the boundaries will be low....quite a few people in my year who only answered the multiple choice and left the rest blank as they didn't know anything...
deffo harder and sooooo much more random than last years papers...all of my exams were like that
Reply 9
anybody remember any answers???
i didnt think it was TOOO bad... hopefully grade boundaries will be low and i'll get the A i need to be on track for vet schol :eek3:

Considering i was really struggling 48 hours ago... spent all day wednesday at college with 3 friends and our chem teacher for extra revision even though it was a snow day... :yep:

There were a few facepalm moments that i didnt have a chance to go back and change, but i think i understood most of it!
Tzarchasm
I seriously messed up on the last page regarding electrophilic addition. I honestly knew it but I produced a dichloroethane and forgot what reagents mean (I'm an absolute tard).

haha same, i asked my teacher who was invigilating and he sort of explained it to me. The answer was Cl2 and HCl

=]
Spongebob*No*Pants
haha same, i asked my teacher who was invigilating and he sort of explained it to me. The answer was Cl2 and HCl

=]

Lost an easy five marks for not reading the damned question. The exams this year have been so much harder than last year.

And your spoiler wasted 4 minutes of my life. :frown:
For the last question i put check if it's biodegradable and if it can be recycled...would i get both the marks? anyone?
Yay! I got Cl2 and HCl! =D
Reply 15
yeah i got cl2 and Hcl ... hmm thought it was kinda tricky and just get the feeling I made a LOT of silly mistakes was quite annoying as I wanted it to be relatively straightforward like the past papers- unit 1 is the easiest chem paper wanted 2 score well in it! hmm... and rushed towards the end! but luckily just managed to finish the paper I thought I woudn't be able to
I mentioned the point about it being recycled.
My second point was that that the atom economy should be high, so that reactants aren't wasted, thus increasing sustainibility (followed by some waffling explaining that)
Spongebob*No*Pants
For the last question i put check if it's biodegradable and if it can be recycled...would i get both the marks? anyone?

Exactly what I said. However, I stated how long they can last. The longer they can last the more sustainable. In all, a crappy, random, ambigous, retarded and hard exam.

Much harder than the past exams considering that I sat them in timed conditions and achieved As in all. The other exams had a theme and it was understandable. This exam was a whole lot of bungo, duno, rungo poo produced by the works of the mischievous Edexcel question producers and their shenanigans.

:frown:
what did people put for the last question,

I said that PVC will not react with stuff going through it eg. lead piping
I also said that PVC is long lasting and is not biodegradable as opposed to the metal which can rust or become damaged very easily
Reply 19
lol I so failed that exam paper /cry
well with only doing 1hr 30min revision what can you expect -.-
im praying the grade boundaries are super low :P

Latest

Trending

Trending