Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spongebob*No*Pants)
    AAAAGGGGHHH I MADE SUCH STUPID MISTAKES why didn't i write the bloody configuration **** **** ****!!!
    Do you agree with my answers for question 6?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shenali_93)
    Yes. Sri Lanka. lol.. island under india? ring a bell? lol!
    I'm also from sri lanka lol. ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    Do you agree with my answers for question 6?
    Seeing that you feel confident you got 90% plus. Why dont you post up your answers to the questions, to compare? If its not too much inconveniance. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Black Knight)
    I'm also from sri lanka lol. ha
    Really? cool!! lol..

ReputationRep:
    I'd post my answers, except their pretty similar to spongebob - it would be better if spongebob adjusted his answers so it's easier for everyone...
    [and I also can't be bothered...I'm sorry guys] :p:

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. You taking Unit 2 next Thursday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moh2009)
    Fair enough. You taking Unit 2 next Thursday?
    Nah I'm in Year 12.

ReputationRep:
    isn't number 3 in the multiple choice A? it says atoms

ReputationRep:
    but thats divided by the mass of one I atom? =/ Surely it should be multiplied by 2?

ReputationRep:
    JHEEEEZ ondah level dah wahz dah hardezt exam ive eva done

ReputationRep:
    but it says the body contains 0.025g of I2 molecules and then you want to find the number of atoms meaning it has to be A because in B it's divided by the mass of the molecule

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omgmanthissucks)
    but it says the body contains 0.025g of I2 molecules and then you want to find the number of atoms meaning it has to be A because in B it's divided by the mass of the molecule
    Yeah it is A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkeyy)
    Shouldn't it be C! Since the highest ionization energy is the I.E of a noble gas, which is B, and the proceeding one is a group 1 element. :O
    exactly...

Section A
    Question 7 has to be C ... i thought long and hard because they tried to trick us with second ionization energy... but obviously, if you are comparing the second ionization energies of all elements, it has to be the same :/

and i think question 5 section A
    should be A
    because the question asks "the mean bond enthalpy"

ReputationRep:
    These are my answers for Section A

Section A

1) C
    2) D - you cant 35.5 on a mass spec, so it cant be A
    3) A - it asks for atoms, not molecules, so not B
    4) B
    5) A - the question states which reaction gives a value for the mean bond enthalpy
    6a) B
    6b) A
    6c) D
    7) C
    8) D
    9) A
    10) C
    11) C - not sure, although i think sulphate ions have no colour
    12) C - i thought long and hard for this one.... it cant be purely ionic, nothing is 100% ionic ... hope edexcel agrees.. any ideas?
    13) D
    14a) A
    14b) D
    14c) B
    14d) B
    15) C

ReputationRep:
    Bad times! I can't believe I made some really stupid mistakes. Overall, the paper was not tooooo bad but it was def harder than last year. Hopefully that means lower boundaries.

I thought 18 d) i) was asking 'what is a catalyst' instead of 'what is THE catalyst', I knew what it was! Lame. Plus I know the products of a combustion reaction but drew both my arrows of the hess cycle up. What an idiot lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys where can i get hold of the section A questions ive forgetten my answers would be nice to see them to "rejog" my memory thanks.

ReputationRep:
    For question 16. v) Why is it 0.025 (moles of MgCO3) being used rather than moles of MgCl2?

ReputationRep:
    Q. 16. e) ii) ?? It is soluble in polar solvents unlike MgCO3 which is insoluble in water...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killfestab)
    These are my answers for Section A

Section A

1) C
    2) D - you cant 35.5 on a mass spec, so it cant be A
    3) A - it asks for atoms, not molecules, so not B
    4) B
    5) A - the question states which reaction gives a value for the mean bond enthalpy
    6a) B
    6b) A
    6c) D
    7) C
    8) D
    9) A
    10) C
    11) C - not sure, although i think sulphate ions have no colour
    12) C - i thought long and hard for this one.... it cant be purely ionic, nothing is 100% ionic ... hope edexcel agrees.. any ideas?
    13) D
    14a) A
    14b) D
    14c) B
    14d) B
    15) C
    5. C - It isn't A. That's not the equation for mean bond enthalpy. You must calculate the enthalpies of four hydrogen atoms bonding with the carbon atom, and then find the average of these values.

7. B - It isn't C. It's the SECOND ionisation energy and this means your removing an electron from a complete subshell in Li, which requires the MOST energy.

12. A - It isn't C. It's definitely ionic and it may show *some* covalent characteristics but you can't say it's ionic AND covalent.

I agree with the rest however. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killfestab)
    exactly...

Section A
    Question 7 has to be C ... i thought long and hard because they tried to trick us with second ionization energy... but obviously, if you are comparing the second ionization energies of all elements, it has to be the same :/

and i think question 5 section A
    should be A
    because the question asks "the mean bond enthalpy"
    Helium has electron configuration of 1s2
    Lithium has electron configuration of 1s2 2s1
    Beryllium has electron configuration of 1s2 2s2

If you remove one electron from each you have:
    Helium --> 1s1
    Lithium --> 1s2
    Beryllium --> 1s2 2s1

Now, which one wouls have the highest ionisation energy in this case. It would be lithium because remember, you need more energy to remove an electron from a complete subshell than an incomplete subshell. Therefore, Lithium is the highest value on the graph and so it must be B.
    :yes:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.