Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Cheapest way to visit Amsterdam watch

(Original post by xoxo_GossipGirl)
    Amsterdam was probably the most expensive European city I went to, but it is doable on a budget. We stayed at the Flying Pig Hostel, I can't remember if it was uptown or downtown but it was the one near the train station. It was alright but not one of my favourite hostels, and pretty expensive at £30 a night for a 16 bed room, although I didn't find anywhere with good ratings cheaper.

If I were to go again I'd definitely take more money and more people. Anne Franks museum is a must and we went to both the sex museums, they're much of a muchness but quite funny, don't bother with the torture museum, not very intersting. We were lucky when we went as there was a free festival called Uitmarkt for the three days we were there. It was spread out over about 40 venues, indoor and outdoor, and had all kind of music and dance.. I'd probably say that was the highlight of my time in Amsterdam, that or getting a tour of the red light district by a scottish stag party. So if you're going to go I'd recommend going at the end of August when that festivals on.

You also need to account for more money if you want any weed. I think a space cake costs about 6 euros, and drinks are ridiculously expensive. About 5-6 euros for a vodka and sprite. And I think 3-4 euros for a pint.
    Clearly you've never been to Oslo; try about 8 quid a pint.

(Original post by Notker)
    Clearly you've never been to Oslo; try about 8 quid a pint.
    That's shocking!! Dublin is pretty horrendous too
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.