Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Just wondering what have people here done/are doing regarding fitting driving tests in around full time work, if your test centre doesn't do Saturday tests?

My test centre is one of these, and am currently on Job Seekers Allowance, have applied for loads of full time jobs and got interviews coming up soon - but i have my driving test coming up on a Friday.

All the jobs i've applied for are full time Mon - Fri!

Do people just book a day off or something?

I'm worried about it looking bad with me starting a new job, and straight away having to take a day off?

ReputationRep:
    I just took a day's holiday for mine. When you start a job, you can book holidays straight away.

ReputationRep:
    Can you re-arrange the date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpottySocks)
    Can you re-arrange the date?
    Could rearrange it, but how long would you wait? It's still gonna have to be a week day as there's no weekend tests at our test centre! Also it's my 4th test so don't wanna wait too long.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible that some employers might terminate the job offer if you're booking a day off?

Lessons are ok, as my instructor said he would do Saturday mornings for me. It's just the test that's the pain tbh.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.