Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have facial hair quite high on my cheek ... pretty much goes right up to just under the bags of my eyes.

Is this supposed to be shaved off? Will it eventually get stubbly there? Because that would look retarded but when I think about it I can't recall anyone with stubble that high so either it doesn't get stubbly or nobody else shaves that high - which is it?

It's quite fair so you can only really see it close up but I keep noticing it and keep wondering whether to shave it or not!

Any ideas or any one with the same problem?

ReputationRep:
    I think if it's relatively fair hair, don't go there, just leave it. Don't forget, you look closer in the mirror at yourself than anyone else does, and you're more critical of yourself than others.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do, don't shave it with a razor. If you do that, the hairs will grow back thicker and more rapidly.

You need to thread, pluck or have it lasered off. I'd recommend threading, it can be painful but it's the fastest and least painful way to do it without lasering it off anyhow. Go to your local ethnic barber shop or google threading in [your town/city] and you'll find it.

Whatever

ReputationRep:
    If its fair I don't think there is any need to shave it mate. I have some hair there, but its really thin - even if I happen to shave there it doesn't grow back thicker.

If you feel uncomfortable about it, you can just shave there - but seeing as it's fair leave it be. And don't worry you wont wake up one day find too much hair there

ReputationRep:
    i have light hair above the normal shaving area, I just leave it as stuble would look strange!

ReputationRep:
    I think most people get it, I do though it's only noticeable in very close distances.

ReputationRep:
    You're male, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    I think most people get it, I do though it's only noticeable in very close distances.
    Ditto
    I'd suggest you leave it alone.

ReputationRep:
    Leave it alone BUT if you're really worried/paranoid about it then DO NOT shave. If you REALLY REALLY wanna get rid of it then probably get it threaded.
    Dont shave it though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.