Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Please anon.
    I dont know how much more i can take. I hate my life at the moment. Coming to uni this year was a mistake, coming back to the UK is the biggest regret. I HATE IT HERE> I WANT THIS ENTIRE COUNTRY TO LET ME LEAVE AND GO BACK TO BEING HAPPY. Its not like there is anythin massively wrong, plenty of people i know are in similar situations and are coping fine but i just dont know if i can take it anymore. I have some 'friends' here but i feel that they dont even know me, and definatly dont care, i miss my friends back home (i grew up overseas and that will always be my home - i dont give a **** what my passport says) i miss feeling warm, safe, secure and at home. I just feel like i have been thrown into enemy territory and i dont know what people expect me to do, or say.. i am english but i dont feel like it, instead i am left feeling alone and trapped for three years in my own version of hell. I was struggling as it was when my family we close enough for me to visit at least once a week, but now they are moving back home and i wont see them for a few months at a time.. that thought terrifies me. I want out but i have no options, my mum says i have to at least hold here till the end of the year but i dont think i can. I am scared, not only of being alone but of myself.. i just want to leave this hellhole and go home... or just leave completely.

How long have you got left at uni and how long have you been there? I can partly relate because I've gotta go back to the UK next year to finish uni and although I'm English too, I hate it in the UK now and feel like I don't belong. Why don't you feel like your friends know you- do you spend enough time with them or just feel like you don't connect? You should maybe try and find someone that you can talk to in the UK at uni maybe and find something to focus on to get you through the year, even if it's just something small.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2010
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.