Turn on thread page Beta

Whiteboards in your room... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    as the thread title says, i was wondering how many students actually have whiteboards/chalk boards (hahaha) in their room for revision etc.. (cos we are cool like that)

I bought one the other day and its epic, its so useful esp because i take maths and chem so i can write and talk myself through what i wrote... ok maybe im slightly odd but the big bang theory gave me this idea so i thought lets try!

anyone else like this? and do you talk to yourself when doing some revision or when you are trying to figure something out? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have one.
    At the moment it has a list of films I have yet to see and books I have yet to read as well as a few other reminders.

ReputationRep:
    i had one for my gcses and alevels
    i didnt bring it to uni with me. i moved unto noticeboards and post its :cool:

ReputationRep:
    How much do they cost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    How much do they cost?
    not very much, lowest cost ive seen is £1, but im kinda guessing there are more expensive ones out there ....

ReputationRep:
    I have a whiteboard, yes.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I know someone who has a whiteboard so he can do maths on it. I sort of want one so I can do maths and physics on it. But more likely I'd just use it as a big memo board.
    Actually just thinking about it makes me want it more. I know where to put it and everything :/

ReputationRep:
    I got a big whiteboard for about £30 on eBay. I never use it now, but while I was revising for my exams it was really useful (and judging by the amount of writing I did on it, I'm sure it saved several trees worth of paper!).

ReputationRep:
    i used to have one that i would sort my life out on but unfortunately it got a bit old and the pen would no longer rub off - i just havnt got round to replacing it yet

ReputationRep:
    omg this reminds me i really need one. im so disorganised and getting told off all the time. I had one temporarily moved into my room for a week and i swear i never missed anything. Also, i just love writing on them

This reminds me

Im getting one now
    tomorrrow
    i will...

ReputationRep:
    I really want one! Because of House and Big Bang Theory

ReputationRep:
    i used too have one but i ended up just using it as a memo board, and my friends used to leave me random messages on it i got rid of it eventually cos it was just taking up space, post it notes and stuff like that works best for me revision wise!

ReputationRep:
    I have one and its great I learn best by explaining what i've been taught to people from memory... meh and when there's no one to teach it to the dog pretends to listen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    I really want one! Because of House and Big Bang Theory
    I've never really thought about getting one, but the whiteboard on House is pretty epic I'd say!
    But.. why not just use pen and paper?

ReputationRep:
    I've got one in my bedroom, and it's great!

Great for doing proof by induction! Or any maths in general.

ReputationRep:
    I have always wanted one, but just never got round to it. But the thing is I always think of buying planners and diaries, and when I do I stop writing in them. Then they just stay on my bookshelf. I know if I would get a whitebaord I'd probably forget about it .

ReputationRep:
    I have a whiteboard from Wilkinson's, quite big for about £4. I write all the assignments I have and all the experiments I have.

I also have two little cork boards to stick bits of paper on. Like receipts and invalid food vouchers.

ReputationRep:
    I had a proper whiteboard in my bedroom like you get in classrooms once. Only a cheap one. My parents put it up when i was 13 and my sister was 12. They thought it would be cool coz i was really into drawing : ) They're cool but having to keep buying the pens gets annoying. I prefere a pin board these days. I only fill in diarys for the first few days and then never look at them again too.

ReputationRep:
    i love my whiteboard, helps me plan assignments and stuff. Also lets my boyfriend leave me messages, bless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phen)
    I've never really thought about getting one, but the whiteboard on House is pretty epic I'd say!
    But.. why not just use pen and paper?
    I think I would prefer standing to crouching over a notepad - makes my neck uncomfortable

Also, board pens glide over whiteboards. Whereas normal pens don't really glide over paper. I think it would be faster.

Not only that but a large whiteboard can have more stuff on it than a piece of paper, so you don't have to flick back to see what you've written.

Oooh I really want one now

Edit: plus I would get to feel erudite

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.