Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My housemates have them.

I regularly leave them drunken messages and draw lewd pictures on them

I've just been using mine to analyse so trusses, really handy for when you make mistakes since you can just rub out the bit you need rather than starting again or having crossing out everywhere.

I usually keep a shopping list on there so when I decide to go shopping I don't have to think about what I need.

(Original post by Twinkle06)
    Wow, this actually sounds like a good idea! Where do I get a cheap one from (apart from ebay)?
    Tesco sell ones that are about A3 size for £2 or ones that I think are A2 for £2.50. I've got the smaller one but I'm seriously thinking of upgrading, especially since I'll be living in the same house next year and probably the year after that so I won't have to take it home.

Edit: Awesome!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have one that's about 7ft long and 4 ft tall, luckily my room is huge so it still allows a lot of wall space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phen)
    How big is the small one? If not on your wall, how do you use it..? Surely not on your desk like a notepad?
    It's about a3 size- i just keep it by my desk so if i'm doing some maths work, but i don't really know how to do it i can have a couple of attempts on the whiteboard first so there's not so much wasted paper!

ReputationRep:
    i don't, i just go for the incredible amount of post it notes/bit of paper stuck all over the wall by my desk. It's awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phen)
    It's not odd at all! Explaining the stuff you do in a coherent fashion is what really pushes you to understand everything you do, hence learning it very thoroughly and quite efficiently, I might add.
    ahhh..i now dont feel as daft as i did cheers :top:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have one that I write German vocab on

ReputationRep:
    I'm no longer a student but I have one, and need to buy another.

I have a magnetic one (very useful to be able to stick stuff to it) and it used to get used for appointments/things I have to do etc but it's been taken over by rabbit hutch and chicken shed plans.

If i'd done any work that required calculations then I definitely would have got one as a student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemoncake sucks)
    I have always wanted one, but just never got round to it. But the thing is I always think of buying planners and diaries, and when I do I stop writing in them. Then they just stay on my bookshelf. I know if I would get a whitebaord I'd probably forget about it .
    Absolutely this.

ReputationRep:
    I have one thats half white-board and half noticeboard. Its actually amazing. At the moment I use it to write all my coursework deadlines on!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.