Turn on thread page Beta

If i ask a girl out in first conversation, will she kill me? watch

ReputationRep:
    She'll say no and then probably lie about a boyfriend or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiPark)
    That's like....so cheesy.
    It's a way not to be shot down out loud on a very quiet train. Avoid the possibility public humiliation.

ReputationRep:
    How about in those 2 minutes you have start a conversation with her about anything such as the ride up. Do you both get off at the same stop? If yes while getting off strike up a conversation or something, going up to her if you don't know her might be a potential disaster. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    it would be serious embarrasment if she turned nasty
    i catch the same train everyday and will do so for the next 6 months at least

unless i aim to get to work for 745am which is not cool

i'll try and build on some small talk this week

BALLS BALLS BALLS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RahRah09)
    Drop a note on her lap? Asking her out and if she'd like to them perhaps you could pretty please have her number.
    CHEESE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLeprachaun)
    Go for it mate. The worst that happens is she says no.
    I despise people that say that. Assuming you are a semi-confident guy at least - the implications of rejection for a guy that has any little insecurity, shyness, confidence or self-esteem issue can be quite substantial.

Think of the awkward eye contact everyday at the train station if she said no.

so to sum up - yeh ask her out.

ReputationRep:
    "Hey, all you had to do was come over and say hi"
    "I bet u wait for all the hot guys to come up to you"
    "What do you do for fun?"
    etc
    to get number, suggest an activity from a common interest and use it as a reason to get #s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr10)
    If you are gna do it, never follow a rule book it has to b spontaneous
    This man speaks truth. Otherwise make your peace because shes not only gonna kill you, but herself and every baby in the station.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    I despise people that say that. Assuming you are a semi-confident guy at least - the implications of rejection for a guy that has any little insecurity, shyness, confidence or self-esteem issue can be quite substantial.

Think of the awkward eye contact everyday at the train station if she said no.

so to sum up - yeh ask her out.
    And if she said yes, he'll have more confidence, as well as a potential girlfriend. It's risk versus reward mate, same as everything.

If she says no, it'd only be awkward if he made it awkward. It's really isn't a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    Uuhm, I'd say go with the small talk.

I'm a girl, not half as shy as this crush (or whatever) of yours from what you've said but still... I hate it when people [guys, I mean xD] make some preliminary decisions about liking me (as in before getting to know me at least a little) - even if it be only in the "I think you're cute" sense. It's not that I have a low self-esteem or anything, I just feel as if some uncalled-for responsibilities have been imposed on me, some obligations that I turned out in the way they'd particularly like. And this is frustrating.
    It's not as creepy as it sounds actually, I just broke it down so that you get the point. (Definitely didn't mean to bother you with myself either, but there's obviously a reason xD) And with her being so shy, I think it's even more likely that you'll scare her -even if she likes you back- with a "Hey, I think you're cute; let's go grab a bite" line.

Show genuine interest for her, don't push things... rather let them flow.
    But of course you probably figured out that much by yourself xD
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i'll have a go this week
    with small talk that is

if she is a proper ***** or a chav then i'll move on, even though she looks like neither

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLeprachaun)
    And if she said yes, he'll have more confidence, as well as a potential girlfriend. It's risk versus reward mate, same as everything.

If she says no, it'd only be awkward if he made it awkward. It's really isn't a big deal.
    Except it is a big deal! This is the kinda stuff they do in America. British guys generally need to be pissed to seriously ask a random girl out.

ReputationRep:
    bloody british reserve...

ReputationRep:
    So have you done it yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBigShoes)
    bloody british reserve...
    what happened? did you chat to her?

ReputationRep:
    not today as the train i normally get which she is on was an hour late
    so i had to get another

maybe its a sign...

I'll keep trying this week

ReputationRep:
    not today as the train i normally get which she is on was an hour late
    so i had to get another

maybe its a sign...

I'll keep trying this week
    im in the same boat, but only at uni. i have spoken to her though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    Except it is a big deal! This is the kinda stuff they do in America. British guys generally need to be pissed to seriously ask a random girl out.
    People are people, I'm sure there's british lads out there who can do it. There's a few in Ireland anyway. When I was in California last summer, people did seem to be more open to that sort of thing but it works as well over here, the lads just have pluck up their courage and go for it. They say no, boo hoo. They say yes, cha ching. It really really isn't a big deal at all.

i'll have a go this week
    with small talk that is

if she is a proper ***** or a chav then i'll move on, even though she looks like neither
    If she doesn't look like a ***** or a chav why don't you try and talk to her, the worst that can happen is she blanks you, then you relise that she's a bad egg.
    Other girls will like you.
    Do you go uni with her or something? If so try and walk with her or get the same bus. If your in the same class try sitting next to her. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yeh she's going to murder you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.