Turn on thread page Beta

Finance & Accomodation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I haven't accepted my place at any uni's yet as I'm still waiting on a decision from one, however was wondering when I should apply for student finance, and when I should apply for accomodation?

Do you have to confirm your place before choosing accomodation or can you choose it regardless of accepting your place?

May seem like a stupid question but I've heard different things about it so just wanted it cleared up, thanks

ReputationRep:
    student loan i think starts 28th January, unless thats the date for returning students, you could start the ball rolling on that once you know which uni will be your firm

as for accommodation it depends on the uni, they will most likely get in touch with you about it, one you have made it your firm
    welcome packs sent and all that with information on this, it should be up on the website of the uni, the accommodation pages

each uni is different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdviceSeeker09)
    I haven't accepted my place at any uni's yet as I'm still waiting on a decision from one, however was wondering when I should apply for student finance, and when I should apply for accomodation?

Do you have to confirm your place before choosing accomodation or can you choose it regardless of accepting your place?

May seem like a stupid question but I've heard different things about it so just wanted it cleared up, thanks
    if your a new student whos starting uni in september 2010 then you can apply for finance now but if your a returning student you can apply on the 29 january 2010..

and for the accomadation you have to accept your firm and insurance first then they would let you know when to apply for accomadation hope that helps a bit...

x

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.