Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is the maximum age of the guy you would go for if you were 20,21 or 22? watch

Announcements

If you were a girl of those ages i.e 20,21 or 22 what would be the maximum age of the guy you would go for?

ReputationRep:
    When I was that age, 25. But I'm probably not the best person to ask - I matured late.

ReputationRep:
    The lowest is usually work out using the formula: (Your age / 2) + 7...
    The highest age is worked out using the formula: (Your age - 7)*2
    Hope this helps. =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mutley92)
    :ditto:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 29. He'll be 30 in August but as far as I'm concerned, age desn't really make a difference. As long as its legal and you're both happy, who cares?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mutley92)
    The lowest is usually work out using the formula: (Your age / 2) + 7...
    Hope this helps. =]
    Haha, for real? xD

OP, there's not age limit.

ReputationRep:
    A young looking 40 year old who'd have a great personality. Hmm maybe that's just because I'm lonely and single.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe ten years older? The last guy I went out with was 31 when I was 21. But yeah, at the end of the day it doesn't matter. Once you're out of your teens and you're both 'proper' adults then it's up to you.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    There's no age limit if I really liked them, but I probably wouldn't actively seek out anyone older than (age-7)*2.

There are 23 years between my parents, so it proves to me age range is flexible.

ReputationRep:
    definitely under 30.

ReputationRep:
    33 or 34 usually

40s in exceptions (i.e. David Tennant/Jude Law)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    33 or 34 usually

40s in exceptions (i.e. David Tennant/Jude Law)
    If only :coma: Or Keanu Reeves.

I'd say my maximum would be about 30.

ReputationRep:
    Formula's a good rule-of-thumb, but depends almost entirely on the person.

I'm 20 and I'd probs go for mid 30s max, though I don't often meet people around that age so we'd probably be getting together under weird circumstances which would be more of a concern tbh.

Edit: I'm 21 not 20, keep forgetting that

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to say 30 but it could easily vary. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think you can outright put a limit on it. But I always thought that if I were still under 25, I'd be comfortable up until around 30, but I'd probably be just as comfortable with late 30s too tbh depending on the person.

I'm 20, my bf is 30, although he looks younger. We have a fantastic relationship. I had a one night (yes, I'm ashamed of this - not the age, the one night stand. It's why I'm anon) stand with a 40 year old once and got on just fine with him. However the concierge, room service etc at his hotel obviously thought I was being paid to be there and frankly if that's the sort of attitude one is met with when with someone that much older, it's something I wouldn't even consider again. It's embarrassing

ReputationRep:
    Early 30s, I think.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 and male. I'd draw the upper age limit at 75. Sex with octogenatians is just wrong.

ReputationRep:
    45 would be my limit. Any older is too near my parents age, and that's just weird..

I'm currently dating a man who's in his late thirties.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.