Turn on thread page Beta

What is the maximum age of the guy you would go for if you were 20,21 or 22? watch

Im 22, and the best relationship I have ever had was with a 37 y/o. I dont have a problem with it....why then, am I posting anon? It seems that other people considered this odd :confused:

We broke up recently due to circumstantial things, I hope that when things calm down we can get back together. We had the best conversation and laughs....and Im sorry you 20 something guys, but he was just amazing in bed- something I find I cant get from a younger guy, less experience maybe? :p:

ReputationRep:
    30. Definitely NOT over 35.

ReputationRep:
    hmm...dont think there really is an age limit in my opinion...if you like them then thats what matters. im 19 and my boyfriend is 27. but as someone said it gets a bit worrying if they are close to your parents age.

ReputationRep:
    im 17 and my ex is 24. i guess around 27 to 30

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22 - So maybe 25 max.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wouldn't go out with someone over 26, or younger than 18/19, and I'm 23. I dunno, I just like being similar in age, having had the same amount of time on the earth means you're likely to 'grow up' together.

ReputationRep:
    All these formulas are ridiculous. It is totally up to you and your partner what you are comfortable with. I am 18 and am in a wonderful relationship with a 24 yr old. I've never thought about the age difference.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Haha, for real? xD

OP, there's not age limit.
    it is a fairly good rule of thumb.. til you get to 25 anyway! And you'd have thought by 25 age wouldn't really matter?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21. I normally go for guys in the 23 - 26 range, but I dated a 33 year old when I'd just turned 21. I wouldn't date anyone younger than 21.

ReputationRep:
    Early 30's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mutley92)
    The lowest is usually work out using the formula: (Your age / 2) + 7...
    The highest age is worked out using the formula: (Your age - 7)*2
    Hope this helps. =]
    Interesting... Whered you get this piece of information from??

ReputationRep:
    About 26 ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack_90)
    A young looking 40 year old who'd have a great personality. Hmm maybe that's just because I'm lonely and single.
    40? :wtf:
    You're 18 ??

ReputationRep:
    There would be some expections though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FZka)
    Interesting... Whered you get this piece of information from??
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...age+%2b+7+wiki

Top link ^^^
    =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mutley92)
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...age+%2b+7+wiki

Top link ^^^
    =]
    I see.
    Thanks! :girl:

ReputationRep:
    I just turned 21 and i would say 30ish would be my max but i think they would probably have to look good for their age etc, i like a guy to be a bit older anyways, when i was 19 i went out with a 27 year old, i don't think i would go out with someone younger than me again though, my recent ex was 19 and i was 20, so they would have to be at least 21.

(general exceptions to the 30 max are johnny depp, david tennant and others :P)

ReputationRep:
    About 27 I think. Obvious exceptions to this limit are David Tennant, John Barrowman, Johnny Depp and Jude Law :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20. Late 20, I think. I was 17 when I was dating a 24-year-old, so he was 7 years older than me. I don't think I'd go out with a more-than-30-year-old.

ReputationRep:
    I'm nearly 20 and my limit would probably be 24/25 though tbh, I'd prefer them to be the same age as me =]

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.