Turn on thread page Beta

How can I contribute to haiti cause without having to give money to the bourgeoisie watch

ReputationRep:
    the country hasn't got the infrastructure to handle the amount of aid coming in. They haven't even got a mobile phone network at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    wow. i just read the first page, and i'm just gonna comment.

notker's the type of person that society doesn't need. you heartless *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Exactly, just because they don't put by for these services does not mean they deserve it more.
    No-one is saying 'they deserve it more'.

If Britain suffered a comparable catastrophe, countries such as America, France, Germany and Italy would help us out. After Italy's earthquake last year, Austria, Brazil, Croatia, the European Union, France, Germany, Spain, Greece, Slovakia, Israel, Portugal, Iran, Macedonia, Mexico, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Switzerland,Tunisia, the Turkish Red Crescent,Ukraine, and the United States all offered assistance. Get your facts straight before chatting such ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notker)
    Why do you even care? A load of people far away who you have never met got killed - who cares?
    have to agree

i care about my own finanical situation before i do others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulpicia)
    Why is there never any good news from Haiti...

Because it used to be run by the French.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notker)
    I'm really not trying to be anything. Also, what would that possibly achieve on the anonymous internet?

Nothing really. I thought the black chick in the third photo had nice tits, and I lolled at the retarded-looking guy with the 'tache being spoon-fed, I also noted that Hatians on the whole were very ugly. That's it.
    You are only succeeding in looking like a petulant child. No one is impressed by your faux nonchalant attitude.

(Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    No-one is saying 'they deserve it more'.

If Britain suffered a comparable catastrophe, countries such as America, France, Germany and Italy would help us out. After Italy's earthquake last year, Austria, Brazil, Croatia, the European Union, France, Germany, Spain, Greece, Slovakia, Israel, Portugal, Iran, Macedonia, Mexico, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Switzerland,Tunisia, the Turkish Red Crescent,Ukraine, and the United States all offered assistance. Get your facts straight before chatting such ****.
    Do you have figures on how much was contributed?

I am not on about government responses, I'm on about from the TV adverts from charities.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have figures on how much was contributed?

I am not on about government responses, I'm on about from the TV adverts from charities.
    You don't know what you're on about so you?

(Original post by Trigger)
    You don't know what you're on about so you?
    What are you on about exactly?

ReputationRep:
    What are you on about exactly?
    She's on about you not knowing anything.

ReputationRep:
    If the UK had an earthquake, you wouldn't see any other countries helping us.
    We're stable enough to deal with it. Haiti is structurally poor and over half the population live below the poverty line.

(Original post by Diaz)
    We're stable enough to deal with it. Haiti is structurally poor and over half the population live below the poverty line.
    So?

We are stable enough to deal with it because we all pay thousands in tax...

She's on about you not knowing anything.
    Which you haven't proved yet as you have listed just government responses with no figures.

Want a medal for having proved nothing against my point?

ReputationRep:
    So?

And they live in shanty towns and have nothing. So we need to help them. How can image of a dead baby not affect you?

ReputationRep:
    So?

Because the majority of us can, in Haiti they cannot.

ReputationRep:
    Which you haven't proved yet as you have listed just government responses with no figures.

Want a medal for having proved nothing against my point?
    Why don't you provide empirical evidence which proves that populations of other countries would not donate if Britain suffered a comparable catastrophe. The onus is on you as you're the one coming out with ludicrous assertions.

(Original post by Trigger)
    And they live in shanty towns and have nothing. So we need to help them. How can image of a dead baby not affect you?
    I can make my choice on if I want to donate money based on researching myself rather than have some completely biast and cringeworthy TV advert tell me too.

I actually plan to go abroad and do some aid work when I'm older, before I get the "your a heartless *******" rubbish.

This is so sad

(Original post by Atomic Tundra)
    x
    AT, if you find the answer to your question, please PM me... I want to donate some money as well.

ReputationRep:
    I volunteer for a small charity. Around 7% of donations go on admin costs, which I really don't think is a lot for the work we do and benefit that we bring.

Why don't you provide empirical evidence which proves that populations of other countries would not donate if Britain suffered a comparable catastrophe. The onus is on you as you're the one coming out with ludicrous assertions.
    Since Britain has not since charity become a popular thing I cannot and you cannot prove it wrong, am I not allowed to have an opinion but you are to yours?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.