Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I still collect Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Cards at the age of 19: would that make me weird? watch

ReputationRep:
    Whatever floats your boat dude. I still collect F1 toy cars on a regular basis, most of my mates find it childish but who cares about what other a-holes think as long as you have fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    cardfag:hahaha:
    :rofl:

I love the way you will always find a n00b. :mmm:

OP, door cemented in or something? :console:

Srsly, get outside more lad. :rolleyes:

:dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)
    My mate is 17 and obsessed with pokemon- showing no signs of wanting to give it up anytime soon.

At least you have a hobby...
    i'm 18 and love pokemon, i sold my shiny first edition machamp for £35, i have 3 more imagine the money. Loving anime is just somthing i do, i don't go public because of people that find it wierd, but i'll never deny it or be annoyed, i am proud to love it:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes Very

ReputationRep:
    It isn't exactly gonna be a huge selling point with the ladies.
    In an ideal society, people wouldn't be shunned for their differences and have them perceived as weird.
    But this is not that kind of society and if people find out, you'll get tarrnished with the whole geeky/nerdy stereotype.

ReputationRep:
    I blew up a picture of my Blues eyes and until a couple moths ago had the picture on my wardrobe.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends is 24 and he still plays card games like Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic the Gathering, and quite frankly, it’s refreshing.

I think everybody goes through the phase, particularly in their teenage years, when they feel the need to shun anything that could be perceived as remotely childish and become UEBER SERIOUS ADULTS who only eat Bran flakes, talk about their future career as pioneering excellence quality control manager (or some other BS title as such) watch News Night and discuss existentialism over a frapacapacino. [/warped perception of what being adult is about.]

In short, do what makes you happy! I still build airfix models, and occasionally, I have been known to cosplay! Sure I get stick for it, but these little things are what keeps me sane. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Blue Eyes White Dragon ...

ReputationRep:
    Yes. There's a 17 year old guy at my school who still plays warhammer and everyone takes the piss out of him.

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely not weird... everyone has a hobby :p:

ReputationRep:
    He showed me his collection today. :perv:
    There were shinies in it

True story.

I wish I had a fun hobby tbh.

ReputationRep:
    there are lots of people who play card games and other "wierd" hobbies, if it makes you happy to play yugioh do it, some people think i'm wierd because I play Video games and some of my friends think I should get a life WTF I go out and play sports not so much with my time taken up with college but don't be embrassed by your hobby.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    on a different note, i leik big hips and i cannot lie, u other brothers cant deny.....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.