Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'll try finishing it today i guess...
    anybody helpful around?

ReputationRep:
    The ucas website suggests that the deadline has been extended for all, not just those in the UK, so any application submitted by the 22nd will still receive equal consideration from the universities. If the UCAs deadline has changes, unis have to respect the new deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caramelmacciato)
    Hello,
    I am applying from Germany and we do have some snow around but it's not excactly stopping me from applying until midnight today.
    nevertheless I'd like to have some more time to work on my personal statement.
    Do you think me applying in a couple of days or even tomorrow would give the universities a bad impression of me?? I am really worried that my PS might not turn out that good if I only have a couple more hours to finish it...

please reply asap! thanks
    1) If you haven't already, post it in the Personal Statement helpers area. They'll probably be over run with last minute statements but you should be able to get some feedback there
    2) I'm not sure how it'll affect you if you wait until the 22nd, but I would think that it's not going to get much better now if you already feel like you *could* apply today if that was the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nokian1)
    caramelmacciato, I have the same question as you.

Does applying later may have bad consequences for us?
    I don't think so... the dead line for 'equal consideration' was the 15th so now i guess the 22nd is the deadline for 'equal consideration'. so it shouldn't make a difference.... in theory anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Damn extension!!! I hate waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    2) I'm not sure how it'll affect you if you wait until the 22nd, but I would think that it's not going to get much better now if you already feel like you *could* apply today if that was the deadline.
    I see that you are an experienced user here. So do you think that a uni may think like 'oh, they could have applied earlier... and they live abroad so they were not affected by the weather. decline.'?

ReputationRep:
    I see that you are an experienced user here. So do you think that a uni may think like 'oh, they could have applied earlier... and they live abroad so they were not affected by the weather. decline.'?
    They can't use it as a reason to reject you if you apply before the deadline, which is now the 22nd January. They have to give equal consideration to applications before that date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caramelmacciato)
    Hello,
    I am applying from Germany and we do have some snow around but it's not excactly stopping me from applying until midnight today.
    nevertheless I'd like to have some more time to work on my personal statement.
    Do you think me applying in a couple of days or even tomorrow would give the universities a bad impression of me?? I am really worried that my PS might not turn out that good if I only have a couple more hours to finish it...

please reply asap! thanks
    It shouldn't do - if you can produce a strong personal statement and have good enough grades, there is no reason why they will think badly of you just for not meeting the original deadline.

ReputationRep:
    They *have* to give you equal consideration if you're in before the deadline. Make sure your app. is as strong as possible!

ReputationRep:
    thanxs so much for your advice

ReputationRep:
    great means il have 2 wait longer for replys then

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have to apply late because my teacher still hasn't finished my reference
    When I had finished my personal statement and everythin last month.
    I really do hope they consider applications upto 22nd equally

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.