Turn on thread page Beta

do people ever chose operations over FO or MO roles... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RJA)
    Thanks. I guess I just said that to avoid having to write an essay!

Depends which part of Prime Brokerage you are discussing. If you are dealing with settlements and clearing, then you are performing an operations role on behalf of the client. Sure, there are different roles that involve more sales and custodial duties, but you are providing a service to the client in their own transactions and not necessarily an advisory role. Tell me how this is so drastically different to the services that IB Ops provides to its own traders.
    At the banks I've spoken to, Prime Brokerage is usually treated as part of the Sales & Trading division. Obviously it has its own back office functions, but generally any function that acts as a support role for front office is bracketed into Operations, rather than its FO equivalent. Hope this clears it up for you.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.